Third Party Press

Rare coded k98's

I started with an RC many moons ago, bought lots and eventually sold them off for collector grade rifles. My goal was to have one of each code and the RCs were good placeholders. I still have maybe 4-5 of them and all tough codes or depot marked receivers. The rest have been upgraded. Some will likely never be upgraded (Depot V (Ulm), ax/ar), others I'll hopefully find with time (s/147K, swp45, dou45) Bottom line is, until that time, I'm fine with an RC placeholder.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Buy what you can afford, and enjoy what you can afford to keep.

If you can afford the best, go for it. And remember that not every collector can be as fortunate.

All of my imperfect, unmatched, ugly, misfit rifles, pistols, bayonets and helmets offer me better company than most living people.

Very fun thread to read it’s now late 2023 and i just saw a RC S/147/G for 1100. I really like my RC it’s a S/243 1937 only thing that matches are the barrel and receiver with all markings intact. I don’t plan on ever buying another RC but the one I have was unused since refurbished in Russia with a mirror bore. It has a history all its own the way i look at it. Most likely it fought in several campaigns before being captured in Russia. Who knows the action it saw or didn’t see but either way it’s part of history. The history of the eastern front the deadliest battles ever seen.

Very fun thread to read it’s now late 2023 and i just saw a RC S/147/G for 1100. I really like my RC it’s a S/243 1937 only thing that matches are the barrel and receiver with all markings intact. I don’t plan on ever buying another RC but the one I have was unused since refurbished in Russia with a mirror bore. It has a history all its own the way i look at it. Most likely it fought in several campaigns before being captured in Russia. Who knows the action it saw or didn’t see but either way it’s part of history. The history of the eastern front the deadliest battles ever seen.
A RC s147g for 1100? A shop not far from me had a couple a few years ago. Guess I should have picked them up.

A RC s147g for 1100? A shop not far from me had a couple a few years ago. Guess I should have picked them up.
It’s been listed for a few weeks on Guns international. Hasn’t sold yet but it won’t be long. I’ve seen a S/42 1937 RC go for 750 and an all matching S/42 1938 with a separate matched bayonet and frog sell for 6,500 in the last 2 weeks.

Military Rifle Journal
Back