Third Party Press

The Time Has Come - Forum Software Change

mrfarb

No War Eagles For You!
Staff member
Ok Fellas, the time has finally arrived to update the forum software from the 1954 Chevy VBulletin to the 2021 Corvette Xenforo.

*** This is copied from the WW2 section, I'm putting it here as well since this is a very active, healthy sub-community here which may not see any post in the WW2 section

Change is hard. Some of you will be aghast at it. But, I am going to try to emulate the existing forum as closely as possible. In fact, I'm paying a company to do the migration for me, professionals who deal in Xenforo software. Its better that way, and more safe in that I won't lose anything.

Here is what to expect - 1 hour of downtime to convert the forum. Most of the transition/migration will happen behind the scenes, with a 1 hour window when the forum will go down and reappear in its new suit.

I plan on running a fund raising drive to cover expenses this year, we've already paid for the hosting and extra space, so there is additional cost for the new software and transition.

This is a huge weight off my shoulders. I've been anxious about us driving around in VBulletin, its very dated and has issues, as its no longer a supported version. To the future!

Mike

P.S. - Bruce agreed with this change, so if shite goes south, I plan on placing the majority of blame on him. Don't tell him I said that, he won't read this anyway is it isn't about Mauser Oberndorf.

Military Rifle Journal
Back