Third Party Press

VK-98 Stock Length

Ted

I posted a couple of years ago about this. I have a VK 98 missing a stock.

I’m working on a replacement. Does anyone have a measurement of total stock length?

I can’t seem to find this measurement anywhere.

Thanks!

The stock on my rifle is 26.25 inches in length. Please note however this is the modified Kriegsmodell K98k type stock so it may not be what you are looking for .....

Reactions: Ted
Thanks so much.

That’s actually perfect. I bought a sporterized kriegsmodell stock that’s been butchered and refinished already and plan to just lop off the appropriate amount and shape the cut end based on photos I’ve seen.

Figured if it’s already ruined, I can put it to good use in this way.

and it’s close enough until I can get a a stock from Fox Military. I’ve sent him a couple of emails with no response, and I’ve seen some folks say their stocks got seized by customs as “assault weapons parts”. So who knows when that will be.

I’ve sent him a couple of emails with no response, and I’ve seen some folks say their stocks got seized by customs as “assault weapons parts”.
If you want to import the stocks, you need to file a Form 6 and have all the proper paperwork. That's the major thing.
Otherwise, they will indeed claim it to be assault weapon parts. Same with the SVT-40 stocks people try and get.

That’s actually perfect. I bought a sporterized kriegsmodell stock that’s been butchered and refinished already and plan to just lop off the appropriate amount and shape the cut end based on photos I’ve seen.

Roger that, happy to help. Send me a DM if you could use some pics of the front stock area or elsewhere for your project. Good luck .....

Your rifle has such a high serial number that I think it originally carried the simplified stock pattern, not a cut down stock.

For all others, this is your thread where the rifle is shown: https://www.k98kforum.com/threads/vg-5-vk-98.48756/

Yeah and I’ll eventually get a proper fox military stock. But I sourced a cheap sporterized stock so I might as well get it close to right while I settle into the long wait for the proper one.

I see no benefit in investing to a wrong stock to only later then get a stock in the correct style, but of course your decision. It took you some time to ask the current question, what means it anyway was not this urgent to you, why then hurry now?

I see no benefit in investing to a wrong stock to only later then get a stock in the correct style, but of course your decision. It took you some time to ask the current question, what means it anyway was not this urgent to you, why then hurry now?
Well I’ve emailed Les at Fox military about 5-6 times over the last 2 years and haven’t gotten a response.

I also reached out to Murray’s Gun Stocks and they told me they could make a cut down kriegsmodell stock for me.

So when I came across a sporterized acutal kriegsmodell for $45, I figured why not.

A friend of mine is working on a stock duplicator, he had already asked me to borrow him Volkssturm rifle stocks. So there might be a another future source.

For what its worth, held both variant Volkssturm stocks next to each other recently: they are of the same length.

A friend of mine is working on a stock duplicator, he had already asked me to borrow him Volkssturm rifle stocks. So there might be a another future source.

For what its worth, held both variant Volkssturm stocks next to each other recently: they are of the same length.
That’s good to know. There are a lot of single sources for milsurp parts, so having another in the works is good news!

Military Rifle Journal
Back