Third Party Press

Were 1943 JP Sauer front sight hoods waffenproofed?

SatThuVoBui

I have a matching CE 43 receiver that's been rescued (presumably) from a half-way sporter-job that has left it without a barrel and in incorrect matte black finishing. I'm wanting to rebuild this action into a shootable representation of a German K98 that's as "correct" as possible. Right now I just need to know whether the front sight posts were waffenproofed. I know I need a rear sight base that's proofed e/280 to go with the receiver that has e/280 on the right-hand side, but I'm still unsure of the front sight. Went through all of the photo references of CE 43. Did not see a picture of the front sight post.

I have a matching CE 43 receiver that's been rescued (presumably) from a half-way sporter-job that has left it without a barrel and in incorrect matte black finishing. I'm wanting to rebuild this action into a shootable representation of a German K98 that's as "correct" as possible. Right now I just need to know whether the front sight posts were waffenproofed. I know I need a rear sight base that's proofed e/280 to go with the receiver that has e/280 on the right-hand side, but I'm still unsure of the front sight. Went through all of the photo references of CE 43. Did not see a picture of the front sight post.

Computer says no... Sorry, the Book says no.
No stamp or s/n on either base, leaf or hood

Military Rifle Journal
Back