Third Party Press

Waiting on arrival of G43 !

armenjs

A week back finally able to pull the trigger on a IMO a nice NI g43 e block duv 44. 2636. All matching wood and bolt and receiver. I was planning on a shooter but this one is way too nice to mess up. I may call Rob the get the kit. As of now I don't know. The serial no is post it on the net as well. Kinda surprise to find it.

A week back finally able to pull the trigger on a IMO a nice NI g43 e block duv 44. 2636. All matching wood and bolt and receiver. I was planning on a shooter but this one is way too nice to mess up. I may call Rob the get the kit. As of now I don't know. The serial no is post it on the net as well. Kinda surprise to find it.

Pictures of the rifle?

Very nice, looks like it has the original Durofol hand guard and the automatic dust cover. Deep bluing, rough metal and rough wood. Just the way we like it.:thumbsup:

Get the shooter kit and fling some lead at the Angeles shooting range.

BTW, your rifle is mentioned in Claus Espeholt's list as "all matching":
http://claus.espeholt.dk/mediearkiv/g43k43_c.pdf

Last edited:
Very nice, looks like it has the original Durofol hand guard and the automatic dust cover. Deep bluing, rough metal and rough wood. Just the way we like it.:thumbsup:

Get the shooter kit and fling some lead at the Angeles shooting range.

BTW, your rifle is mentioned in Claus Espeholt's list as "all matching":
http://claus.espeholt.dk/mediearkiv/g43k43_c.pdf

Yes, handgaurd is Durofol. Yes I was surprised to see it it there. Well, us unprotected species should hang more often. Nice to have met you.

G43duv44 9771d yes yes
Type S/N Mz.thread Dual rail Mill.hous Durofol Bolt stop Remarks
G43duv44 222e no no no yes yes all matching
G43duv44 1211e no yes
G43duv44 1444e no no yes captured 1/11 - 44
G43duv44 1852e no yes yes smooth buttplate
G43duv44 1853e no yes shortened barrel
G43duv44 1970e no no no yes yes
G43duv44 2636e no yes yes all matching

Very nice! I know the feeling of anxiety waiting for your first G43. Is the hood and rod original?

Suspense you be the judge! Funny I normally hang around Gunboards, some here I already know.LOL and friends

but Listen I read about this other g43 on calguns ( ziconceo's) going back to Dec2013 trying to show it and happened to be a great deal that he got, and after coming here to sell it or what not he got burned!! ends up a faked scrummed serial and bolt and and bragging he got it for 1500.

This is not premium $ but more than wholesale thats for sure. But again I went over $ but at-least I know what it is.
Best
am

More...

Last edited:
Loooooking good! Love to see more pics!:thumbsup:

Looks like a nice rifle Armen. I have one in the i block. It has markings on the scope mount indicating a scope was mounted prior to my getting it in about 1985. Hopefully it was a sniper. My only concern on yours is the light/poorly stuck serial number but it is apparently totally original. I just always have a concern when the serial number is less than totally beyond question. Try to buy a Korean built T99 with a good clear serial number. They were crap from day one. Some minty rifles have a serial number that is very hard to figure.

Looks like a nice rifle Armen. I have one in the i block. It has markings on the scope mount indicating a scope was mounted prior to my getting it in about 1985. Hopefully it was a sniper. My only concern on yours is the light/poorly stuck serial number but it is apparently totally original. I just always have a concern when the serial number is less than totally beyond question. Try to buy a Korean built T99 with a good clear serial number. They were crap from day one. Some minty rifles have a serial number that is very hard to figure.

Hi Mike Thanks.

I got g43 yesterday like very late around 7nish at night basically last call. I couldn'tget the pictures I want it, but able to get the most of the parts taken and some hasty pictures or two.
I will load in few sec.

Question. inside the cylinder was something never seen before sort of like shim it easily comes in and out. no pictures of it right now.

pictures of part and not so good sorry.

More later for sure.

Attachments

• 20140226_211155.jpg
    20140226_211155.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Bore is strong, little bit a touch dark near above the chamber, crown is fine. I don't like the automatic dust cover. makes the bolt carrier a lot harder to cycle.

I still need to apply some rig and some TLC but this is it basic as you will see. later, on the week will have some nice outside pics for my album.

question: the gap on the right side for the scope mount is that normal or cut is different. IMO seems a lot like that much.
Best
am

Attachments

• 20140226_203146.jpg
    20140226_203146.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 27
  • 20140226_215319.jpg
    20140226_215319.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Nice g43...............

I can see that the blued firing pin carrier( dont know what is it called)are broken/cracked at the end where the safty is located
Is it safe to shoot?
Regards:happy0180:

I can see that the blued firing pin carrier( dont know what is it called)are broken/cracked at the end where the safty is located
Is it safe to shoot?

This is way too nice to shoot, but I would probably order the kit. I examined entire bolt housing and known places for problems. IMO that seems ok the major issue would be on the face and the bolt/receiver logs show any fatigue, I don't see any sign of that. I leave this for the experts.

Last edited:
Is it safe to shoot?

A lot of the stamped bolt housings show the cleavage at the bottom. I think it's caused by the manufacturing process when they stamped and rolled the sheet metal. I have a few of those and they are safe to fire. We need to see a picture of the back of the bolt and a close up of the front sides of the firing pin carrier below the oval hole, also a picture of the front of the the bolt carrier where the actuator rod strikes. Those are areas of concern that require close inspection for cracks.

With an all matching rifle like yours an extra $300 - $500 should be set aside for buying a replacement bolt carrier, bolt housing, bolt and firing pin carrier to save matching number parts from accidental destruction. New springs are available for about $15 on fleeceBay, shooter kits can be ordered from Rob Applegate at apfeltor.com or look for seller allibaba34 on fleeceBay.

This is way to nice to shoot, but I would probably order the kit. I examined entire bolt housing and known places for problems. IMO that seems ok the major issue would be on the face and the bolt/receiver logs show any fatigue, I don't see any sign of that. I leave this for the experts.

Check out what happens if G/K43 shooters opt out of installing a gas pressure restrictor kit:
http://www.k98kforum.com/showthread...hooter-kit-and-quality-ammo&p=70506#post70506

A lot of the stamped bolt housings show the cleavage at the bottom. I think it's caused by the manufacturing process when they stamped and rolled the sheet metal. I have a few of those and they are safe to fire. We need to see a picture of the back of the bolt and a close up of the front sides of the firing pin carrier below the oval hole, also a picture of the front of the the bolt carrier where the actuator rod strikes. Those are areas of concern that require close inspection for cracks.

With an all matching rifle like yours an extra $300 - $500 should be set aside for buying a replacement bolt carrier, bolt housing, bolt and firing pin carrier to save matching number parts from accidental destruction. New springs are available for about $15 on fleeceBay, shooter kits can be ordered from Rob Applegate at apfeltor.com or look for seller allibaba34 on fleeceBay.

Looking at some videos on youtube about the g43!when firing the bolt slams pretty hard back causing trouble!!but is there any case when the bolt slams back hidding someone in the face? the bolt is pretty close!

We need to see a picture of the back of the bolt and a close up of the front sides of the firing pin carrier below the oval hole, also a picture of the front of the the bolt carrier where the actuator rod strikes. Those are areas of concern that require close inspection for cracks.

No problems I will take close shots of these problems areas, Do you know of Michael Prucey.

Military Rifle Journal
Back