Third Party Press

odd G-K-43 mag pouch

cstan

Hi Guy's
Anyone ever seen one like this before. It's faded light blue fabric (LW?). Has no markings. Never seen another like it. I've owned it for 15 yrs. Sorry for the poor pic's
What say ye ... Chris

Attachments

• 100_8669.jpg
    100_8669.jpg
    297 KB · Views: 91
  • 100_8670.jpg
    100_8670.jpg
    296.6 KB · Views: 80
  • 100_8671.jpg
    100_8671.jpg
    274.3 KB · Views: 70
  • 100_8672.jpg
    100_8672.jpg
    288.1 KB · Views: 49
  • 100_8674.jpg
    100_8674.jpg
    292.9 KB · Views: 45
pics are ok. Not officially issued, seeing the too weak fathom for the loop made either for private or collector-fraud business. Not interesting if you do not know the complete history since 44/45.

Hey Cstan. I've never seen something like that for a G/K mag. I don't think it a "fake". My guess is a military piece of kit for something else, which happens to fit a G/K mag. It could be any Euro country kit from 1917-1970s or later.

pics are ok. Not officially issued, seeing the too weak fathom for the loop made either for private or collector-fraud business. Not interesting if you do not know the complete history since 44/45.

Thanks for the response but as it had a K43 mag in it (that fits like it defiantly was made for it) - my thinking has always been late war ersutz (sp?) type of pouch maybe issued to LF or Volkstrom troops. Late in the war when other materials were in short supply they were making k98 slings out of things besides leather and I bet they made ammo pouches out of material other than leather and or canvas. I'll send the pic's to Darren Weaver and see what he thinks.

To me, the construction doesn't look typical of any WW2 German item, the thread is very thin and the style of sewing is like nothing I've seen that's from the period. When I first saw it I thought it was a cleaning kit of some type.

A K43 magazine will fit in a pocket, you really don't need a special pouch made that must be used on a belt. Most were kept that way I guess considering many of the K43 pouches appear to be unissued.

I believe what you have is a post war Yugo rifle cleaning kit pouch. If my memory serves me right, a metal oil can, rope pull through and associated items went inside.

Reply to All

My thanks to all of you for your thoughts and opinions!
If the lid of this pouch didn't fit around T mag so well - I'd be inclined to agree - but the lid fits T mag & T body of T pouch fits T mag SO well that I'm convinced it was made to hold T mag that's in it!
The mag is easily withdrawn and the size is perfect for it.
I'll run it by Darren Weaver and see what he thinks.
Thanks again Guy's

The interesting thing about cloth pouches is that they have the ability to form fit square things one puts in them. There are other mags which would fit in that pouch like that. I've been collecting German field gear for as long or longer than K98ks (better than a quarter century) and there is nothing about that pouch which makes me think German pre-1945 construction other than the mag shoved in it. Of course, i have not seen everything and I just bought a nice unquestionably original K43 pouch, '45 dated, for $45 delivered from the Ukraine, so the cost difference between that being, say a 1968 holder for Czech military bandaids or a 1969 DDR decontamination kit, and some form of mag pouch is negligible. It's more of a mental exercise.

So my guess of that it was a pouch for Czech military band aids made in 1968 stands corrected. Looks like mystery solved :hail:

I don't think this would be a late war pouch either. By the last months of the war they were more worried about making ammunition and rifles then magazine pouches.

From this we can tell that the Swiss must have received a large lot of Volkssturm or late Luft K43 mag pouches and used them for cleaning kits.

From this we can tell that the Swiss must have received a large lot of Volkssturm or late Luft K43 mag pouches and used them for cleaning kits.

7397fb30d3b3e59f59b0623b0fcde446-scary9.gif

Military Rifle Journal
Back