Third Party Press

Hauptshuß Waffen

mrfarb

No War Eagles For You!
Staff member
The Brünn I factory was on par with Mauser for quality in my book, and even surpassed them at times. Attached is a first shot report for May of 1944, showing the percentage of rifles that passed first shot for accuracy test in May.
attachment.php

Attachments

• Anschuss.jpg
    Anschuss.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Remind us what the "test" was... and what it took to pass.
Five shots into a target shaped like a 10" square?

So if the rifle did not pass, the sights were tweaked or was there more?​

I'll find out exactly for you. I may have a document that gives instruction for what to do when one fails, I'll see if I can't translate it a bit.

the standard sighting-in target per TL1/1003 would be applicable presumably to all manufacturers and this necessitated minimum of 5 shots acceptable to pass (all inside about 3x5 1/2 " area at 100 m)

also as its May 1944 they are only using steel cased ammo for testing and its on the specially revised TL1/1003 target for steel cased ammo

is it a correct interpretation that the second column seems to confirm that about 2/3 only of those that failed at first testing subsequently passed at the second testing, thus leaving another 1/3 of that second batch still needing attention/testing again? probably first lot of failures may have just needed a re-aligned or revised height front sight to get on target but after that there isn't much more of an easy fix on a 98k - so for the second test failures they must have had lots of people putting in lots of effort to get those ones semi re-built to pass or scrapped for parts - lol

and does the last column show the average of shots per rifle to achieve test standards across whole of manufacture for the period under review (monthly period it seems)?

The Brünn I factory was on par with Mauser for quality in my book, and even surpassed them at times. Attached is a first shot report for May of 1944, showing the percentage of rifles that passed first shot for accuracy test in May.

Last edited:

Military Rifle Journal
Back