Third Party Press

Hitler's Stationery

gummipuppe

Señor Member biatch
Here's a cool story:

Jewish soldier's WWII letter, written on Hitler's stationery, sent to museum

"Danny Jacobson was a 26-year-old Army sergeant, thousands of miles away from his hometown of Muskogee, Okla., when he penned a four-page letter to his wife back in the states. World War II was winding down, Hitler had committed suicide six days earlier, and half a dozen administrative clerks from the 179th Infantry had set up shop in a Munich apartment.

But this wasn't just any apartment. It was one of Adolf Hitler's many German residences, where he had lived with his longtime companion Eva Braun. And the off-white stationery Jacobson used for his letter? Hilter's very own. It included the Fuhrer's name and the Nazi swastika printed on the top left corner...."

AA8oEf0.img

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/jewish-soldiers-wwii-letter-written-on-hitlers-stationery-sent-to-museum/ar-AA8nX7N?ocid=UP97DHP

Hi GP,

And what is the museum going to do with it?...........

I very much doubt that it will ever be on display and my estimated guess is that it will just disappear in an archive and isn't that sad?

Cheers,
Peter

Hi GP,

And what is the museum going to do with it?...........

I very much doubt that it will ever be on display and my estimated guess is that it will just disappear in an archive and isn't that sad?

Cheers,
Peter

Good question.

When I was a teenager, I once donated a WWII German artifact to a privately owned history museum. I didn't really care about such things at the time and thought it would be nice for other people to see it on display. It never went on display. The museum owner died years later, and relatives continued the run the museum for several years. They unexpectedly decided to close the museum down. Although the original owner kept meticulous records regarding who donated or loaned artifacts to the museum, the relatives put the entire collection up on eBay without contacting any of them first. Most, including yours truly, never found out about the sales until all the artifacts were long gone and the money was spent.

I was also a volunteer at non-profit historical museum. I remember how people would show up at the museum wishing to donate artifacts. More often than not, depending on who they talked to, the stuff would end up in the trunk of a volunteer's car to be taken home for "cleaning and polishing." The stuff would never be seen again. Even if the stuff ended up on display, it would sometimes mysteriously disappear after hours. The place wasn't broken into, so it had to be an inside job. No one had a clue as to where the stuff ended up.

Military Rifle Journal
Back