Third Party Press

1945 dated 1500 rd Patronenkasten

mrfarb

No War Eagles For You!
Staff member
I got this in trade sometime back and don't think I ever posted pics of it. The crate and ammo are original to each other, but seems to be rusting inside the boxes (there is a fine orange dust inside the crate). I haven't tried to get the ammo boxes out, everything seems fragile. Still, neat item, and damn heavy! Any idea of what this thing is worth in this condition? I'd say there is no way to ship something this heavy if I ever sold it!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 121
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 119
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 120
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 121
  • 05.jpg
    05.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 120
  • 06.jpg
    06.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 11
  • 07.jpg
    07.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 119
Splendid ! If you sell a box I can take it !

But just to know, it is autorised to send rifle ammo from the USA to France ?

1500 "B" case

Nice "B" crate! Value is kind of tough because the powder is breaking down in this ammo and besides ruining the cartridges, the acidic gases will turn the paper into dust. It will eventually ruin the case liner as well. When they get in this condition, It is almost impossible to remove one of the sleeves without it coming apart in your hands. Very nice label warning; "Do not to oil or grease cases under any circumstances , they have been waxed". JH

Nice "B" crate! Value is kind of tough because the powder is breaking down in this ammo and besides ruining the cartridges, the acidic gases will turn the paper into dust. It will eventually ruin the case liner as well. When they get in this condition, It is almost impossible to remove one of the sleeves without it coming apart in your hands. Very nice label warning; "Do not to oil or grease cases under any circumstances , they have been waxed". JH

I guess I need to remove them as carefully as possible and remove the ammo. Too bad.

ammo

pefect ammo to put through you're bnz45's Farby,,,,,,:laugh:

Very cool item though. Too bad its going bad..

Military Rifle Journal
Back