Third Party Press

Kahles Wien H/4X60 repair needed

B-3-6

I recently had some work done on a rifle including a "frozen" Kahles H/4x60 by a reputable gunsmith. They were not able to repair it and now the crosshairs are off center. Who should I contact to repair this scope? Thanks in advance. Rich.

Finding someone to repair it probably wont be as hard as finding the parts if needed.

Board member Vaughnn99 does some scope work ,and there is a guy named Don Miller who is supposed to be the Mac-Daddy of German Scope repair here on the continent ,and he useally runs 2 or 3 months behind.

Robert is the best...but he is very very busy these days....you could inquire though

H4x60,s come across ebay every once in a while in the 300.00-400.00 range...wouldnt hurt ot buy one for a replacement or parts should the situation arise again.

There is a possibility that some parts from the Helavier may interchange should you find one of those...not positive though., ask Vaughnn

I am sure someone on the forum has Don Millers email and will post it for you.

Robert, Robert, Robert. No one else will work on my period scopes. I even will do my own work sometimes, I can repair lens cementing with pine pitch, etc., but anything requiring replacement parts or functional moving part work goes to Robert.

Like agalland said, the Helavier is about the same. That is the commercial version of the "cad" coded military contract scope.

Jeff

Robert's work is incredible. ALL of it.

I am sure Vaughn's is too, I just never had anything from him.

Thanks!

Thank you for the help so far. I did send an email to Vaughn yesterday. I would appreciate Don Miller's contact information. I have not been able to find Robert's contact information even though I see him mentioned all the time. This scope is mounted on a post WWII sporter rifle. It's claw mounted on a very nice Joh. Springer's Erben mauser dated 1949. I collect WWII military rifles but I am also interested in the post WWII period. I was stationed in Berlin in 1973-74. Rich.

Thank you for the help so far. I did send an email to Vaughn yesterday. I would appreciate Don Miller's contact information. I have not been able to find Robert's contact information .

don miller.....optikhaus@yahoo.com

robert ....k98k.com

Thanks again!

Thanks agalland, I had just found Don's email address. I tryed Robert's website a few weeks ago with no success. It works now. Rich.

OK I can Take It . Can You , Next time a Sniper Scope is needed there will have to be a 25% Over Seas Charge .

:moon::moon::moon::barf::laugh::laugh::laugh::faint::faint::welcome::thumbsup:

Scope repairs

I believe Don Millers email is: optikhaus@yahoo.com Far as I know he's still in California, don't know how busy he is. I've always found him to be fast and fair, a real Gent. Just FYI, Stan

Scope repair update

I sent the scope to Vaughn99. Customer service was the best with regular progress reports. I couldn't be happier. I am sure Robert and Don are very good but contacting Vaughn99 first was the right decision. I recommend that anyone needing work done talk to Vaughn99. You won't be disappointed. B-3-6

Kahles Scope

The Kahles /cad coded scopes are made with an adjustable retical frame assembly. There are two small adjustment screws on the front end of the internals. If you have or can make a small but long screw driver , you might be able to adjust the retical yourself, use patience.

Military Rifle Journal
Back