Third Party Press

Ce41

Col.Klink

Banned
Here is my newest acquisition. It is a bolt mis-match, but it is still a really neat rifle. It has a duffle-cut (unfortunately not hidden), and it seems to have gone to the armorer at least once. The barrel was replaced with an un-numbered "39 660" barrel, which is cool. There was sand all inside the barrel channel, under the barrel bands, and in the works, so maybe it was a North Africa bring-back? :biggrin1: Stock doesn't appear sanded, just a little worn (serial number is visible on the underside).

Attachments

• IMGP8104.jpg
    IMGP8104.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 49
  • IMGP8106.jpg
    IMGP8106.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 53
  • IMGP8107.jpg
    IMGP8107.jpg
    260.9 KB · Views: 40
  • IMGP8108.jpg
    IMGP8108.jpg
    272.8 KB · Views: 46
  • IMGP8105.jpg
    IMGP8105.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 36
  • IMGP8100.jpg
    IMGP8100.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 32
  • IMGP8101.jpg
    IMGP8101.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 37
  • IMGP8102.jpg
    IMGP8102.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 29
  • IMGP8103.jpg
    IMGP8103.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 32
Thanks werewolf! The serial is 3705e . I will try and get some more pictures tomorrow, but my photography sucks. :smash:

Looks like pretty good photography to me, - certainly better than most!

Look at the wrist, bottom comb, and all over the buttstock area for any signs of the depot that possibly replaced the barrel.

Thanks werewolf! The serial is 3705e . I will try and get some more pictures tomorrow, but my photography sucks. :smash:

Looks like pretty good photography to me, - certainly better than most!

Look at the wrist, bottom comb, and all over the buttstock area for any signs of the depot that possibly replaced the barrel.

I can't seem to find any markings on the wrist, bottom comb, and all over the buttstock for any markings that weren't there when the rifle was issued (multiple WaA37s, and the serial number). What should I be looking for in terms of depot markings?

Those are the areas you would find the markings if they are there. Sometimes the take down disc is marked (this is not always the depot that did the work, but rarely you can find the depot marked disc.. especially if a disc was added as in occupied countries rifles going through a depot), sometimes the buttplate, but most times its the wrist or side of the buttstock.

Sometimes its just worn away or perhaps it was done at a lower facility? However "usually" if you have a 0,2 on the shoulder its a depot marked rifle.

Depot reworks are marked different than depot "builds" and this would be a depot reworked rifle. You might look for different marked parts, parts inconsistent with ce/41? Might offer you a clue as to when this was done (obviously the 1939 Steyr barrel is no help!)

I can't seem to find any markings on the wrist, bottom comb, and all over the buttstock for any markings that weren't there when the rifle was issued (multiple WaA37s, and the serial number). What should I be looking for in terms of depot markings?

Military Rifle Journal
Back