Third Party Press

GSG STG-44 .22lr

Does anyone have anyone experience with the GSG STG-44 clones in .22 long rifle? I seen some problems with magazines and general wear but overall pretty positive for a fun plinker. Looking at picking up a new in crate one. Also if anyone is interested in some magazines for sale, I would have some if I do end up purchasing.

Poorly made. The barrel is only held in place with one screw bolted to one half of the die cast receiver. Most of these GSG toys I've handled had barrels that wiggled up and down. Worst $600 I ever spent.

Bought mine for $269.00 and have had no problems with it. Still you put the heavy thing to your shoulder ,and the little girly popping sound ,as it fires, is disappointing. At 20 meters it is okay / match grade it is not....

paid the same as Dave, in the plain cardboard box came with one mag, I ordered a second mag, since picked up a few mags

I take it out when I am testing the East German MPi-69 training rifles I built. I like it, worth the money

I look at them as kind of a cheap display gun....that fires....unless you want to spend 30k....:thumbsup:

I enjoy mine, fun toy and pretty accurate. I have scuffed it up to make it look the part. BTW, magazines are tough to find nowadays...

I enjoy mine, fun toy and pretty accurate. I have scuffed it up to make it look the part. BTW, magazines are tough to find nowadays...

Same here, fun $300 little toy I picked up after giving up on the Hill & Mac 2 year long yada yada shite show. I found it to be accurate once I trimmed the front sight. It has well over 1k rds without a problem. With added cosmetic service ware it look the part always get people looking at my range. Picked up the smaller 10 rd mag also. Only down side is with the weight as Dave said its almost like shooting a loud a BB gun.

Last edited:
Same here, fun $300 little toy I picked up after giving up on the Hill & Mac 2 year long yada yada shite show. I found it to be accurate once I trimmed the front sight. It has well over 1k rds without a problem. With added cosmetic service ware it look the part always get people looking at my range.

I love mine, when I get to fire it at the range, as I have trouble keeping it away from everyone else that want to have a go of it.

Sadly, here in the UK, the only semi-auto rifles we are allowed are those in .22RF.

I've had fun accessorising mine, with repro sling, repro canvas cover and repro wooden grips to replace the plastic ones.

I've also got one of the GSG pic rail adaptors that replaces the rear sight assembly, but never got around to fitting it yet, but may be forced to this year as the old eye sight has deteriorated enough that a red dot will have to be the way forward.

I was lucky to get hold off 3 x spare mags a few years ago, just before they started making them out of unobtanium.....

I love mine, when I get to fire it at the range, as I have trouble keeping it away from everyone else that want to have a go of it.

Sadly, here in the UK, the only semi-auto rifles we are allowed are those in .22RF.

I've had fun accessorising mine, with repro sling, repro canvas cover and repro wooden grips to replace the plastic ones.

I've also got one of the GSG pic rail adaptors that replaces the rear sight assembly, but never got around to fitting it yet, but may be forced to this year as the old eye sight has deteriorated enough that a red dot will have to be the way forward.

I was lucky to get hold off 3 x spare mags a few years ago, just before they started making them out of unobtanium.....

I never understood how a Country Like Great Brittan with a long History being involved in various military conflicts all over the world can have such Draconian Gun Laws. :facepalm: Glad you can at least shoot that (what I consider) toy rifle.

Good luck Mate.

Any day now don't you know!...............:thumbsup:

I wonder when they start selling inventory. Stock and ferrule could fit the original MP44, maybe some other parts. I doubt we will ever see one of these at the range. A wet dream.
When one of those two fools stated in Ian McCollum's YouTube shite show that the Germans used lead behind the locking plate to adjust headspace, I knew they were going nowhere fast.

Can you post pics of the accessories?
Who is making the wood grips and cover.

For $300 this thing looks cool.
The Fuds freak when I pull the Fuhrer's Assault Weapon out of the case and insert mag at the Indoor range.
Then STFU when I show them the 22LR cartridge.

Anything except 22LR is verboten indoors.
Pissed me off when they banned PCC carbines.

I never understood how a Country Like Great Brittan with a long History being involved in various military conflicts all over the world can have such Draconian Gun Laws. :facepalm:

Sadly, over the past 40 years our political system, legal system and the media have become 100% infested with do-goody, anti-everything arsehole type's that want to demonize anything they don't like or agree with.

The politicians in local Govt in the UK in the Midlands made sure that shooting would not be one of the sports in the Commonwealth Games to be held in Birmingham next year.......as it didn't fit their sanitized view of Birmingham despite, Birmingham's long established history of gunmaking through the centuries. There is still an area of Birmingham called the Gun Quarter!

Birmingham's long established history of gunmaking through the centuries. There is still an area of Birmingham called the Gun Quarter!

Yep, it was essentially Britain's version of Suhl -- W.W. Greener, et al.

Oh how I detest this miserable, degenerative 21st century!

Richie

Military Rifle Journal
Back