Third Party Press

How to preserve the leather eye cup on a gew 98 sniper scope

Mr Haney

I have a gew 98 sniper rifle and I have a leather eye cup made by D.R.G.M. And I need to find out what is the best leather preserve for it. I would to put it back on the scope without damage it
Regards
Bob.

Attachments

• LEATHER EYE CUP 003.jpg
    LEATHER EYE CUP 003.jpg
    292.4 KB · Views: 25
  • LEATHER EYE CUP 004.jpg
    LEATHER EYE CUP 004.jpg
    201.9 KB · Views: 17
  • LEATHER EYE CUP 005.jpg
    LEATHER EYE CUP 005.jpg
    280.1 KB · Views: 16
i use Lexol on all my leather stuff.i have been using it over 25 years.i use it on slings,lens caps,pistol holsters,scope cases.
i used to buy Lexol at Tandy Leather but the local store closed.a couple of years ago i noticed it at Autozone.
the Lexol i bought from Tandy was just in a bottle and i applied it with an applicator dauber like is used for leather stain.the Autozone Lexol comes in a trigger sprayer bottle.either way i soak the leather item on both sides of the leather.i let the item set,usually hanging from wire, a couple of days before applying a second coat.Lexol does not discolor the leather like Neatsfoot oil.

Oigee leather eye cup how to preserve it.

I thank all of you for your help with the question I asked, How to preserve the leather on the eye cup
The eye cup came off a Oigee sniper scope. And it will not fit on my Gerard scope. . I quess the leather is thicker That is why
I asked about putting some type of softer on it to slip it on.
Best Regards
Bob

Military Rifle Journal
Back