Third Party Press

DSM34 barrled actions

vaughn99

Hello All,

out of dumb luck i won (i think) a DSM 34 stock. how often do barreled actions come along?? asking cause i am on the fence of either waiting for a barreled action and bands to pop up or sell the stock which is only good for a non-shooter even though crack is a solid repair and needs a stripping. let me know? i'll post the auction pics to make sure i even identified it correctly as a DSM34 as this is really not in my area but thought it would round out my junk collection : ). also i see like k98s many maufacturers made DSM34's by any chance does any of my stock markings or serial font or style of stampings single out any of them so i can get the proper action to match?? looks like fake SS markings were also added to enhance again not my area. can't wait to hear more info on this stock. got it for 62.00 did i buy it for market value? Is the DSM34 a single shot?? i don't see a magazine well? it also looks like some knuckle head put a screw hole and nut were the sling should go through i have high doubts that the 62.00 i paid was a bit high.

later
vaughn

Attachments

• stocks_1_.jpg
    stocks_1_.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 27
  • stocks_2_.jpg
    stocks_2_.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 28
  • stocks_3_.jpg
    stocks_3_.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 27
  • stocks_4_.jpg
    stocks_4_.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 29
  • stocks_5_.jpg
    stocks_5_.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 17
  • stocks_6_.jpg
    stocks_6_.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 20
  • stocks_7_.jpg
    stocks_7_.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 18
  • stocks_8_.jpg
    stocks_8_.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 21
  • stocks_9_.jpg
    stocks_9_.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 17
  • stocks_10_.jpg
    stocks_10_.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 12
  • stocks_11_.jpg
    stocks_11_.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 15
  • stocks_12_.jpg
    stocks_12_.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 14
  • stocks_13_.jpg
    stocks_13_.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 12
  • stocks_14_.jpg
    stocks_14_.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 10
  • stocks_15_.jpg
    stocks_15_.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 9
  • stocks_16_.jpg
    stocks_16_.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 11
  • stocks_17_.jpg
    stocks_17_.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 8
  • stocks_18_.jpg
    stocks_18_.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 10
  • stocks_19_.jpg
    stocks_19_.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 12
  • stocks_20_.jpg
    stocks_20_.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
more pics

Hello,

Enjoy the pics.

later
v

Attachments

• stocks_21_.jpg
    stocks_21_.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 15
  • stocks_22_.jpg
    stocks_22_.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 11
  • stocks_23_.jpg
    stocks_23_.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 11
  • stocks_24_.jpg
    stocks_24_.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 12
Looks like a MO stock for a dsm34.... with the sn in the channel. Others used pencil. The hole in the sling well is for a stud... no keepers were used.

Hello,

Thanks bob great info will be looking for a MO action, how about the RF SS markings? with all else looking better than i thought are these real just seemed to good with the lighting bolts runes to be legit. how hard are the band to find?? is handguard a K98?? or special to these stocks?

later
vaughn

Did they strip the butt-plate off too? I guess they figured to sell the parts and scrap the cracked stock. The RFSS stamp is very obscured with extra finish and appears to have some evidence of burning around the edges? Or is that dirt? Most of the contract were Mauser DSM34s within some serial number parameters. After your work on the stock, I don't think the value of the result will ever reach the sum of the parts and your labor.

Hello Turbo,

how much for such and item? I'm still on the fence, and I will decide over the weekend as i think i found a complete matching barreled action for 50.00 i have to check it out. let me know i don't want to get to deep for a un-usable mm parts rifle : )

later
vaughn

Its a beater that I need to restore so its perfect for your project.

Don't you do snipers??

I like the idea of you owing me...

mauser dsm

A sporterized dsm is worth around 300.00 as a decent sporter bubba job just sold for. The rifle restored might sell for 400.00 if you are lucky. Anyway, I wouldnt bother but, if you want to continue I think I have a trigger guard. The screws are tough to find and you may need to make them. I can get you the lenght and pitch if needed..

Hello All,

well i checked out the action was some chinese knock off all rusted up and bore was a disaster so now i see why 50.00!!!

Turbo,
thanks for looking, I believe i have decided not to go ahead having 400+ wrapped up in such a project for a rifle. my previous idea has already cost me 500 in other stuff so having about 1000.00 in a DSM34 is really not what i am looking for, It doesn't seem good to me and it's so far out of my area also. thank you very much for the offer and looking for me. the funny part you mention sniper L-O-L. I have been looking for a 22 sniper project is why this all started. i bought a sweet set of double claw matching mounts for a 22 type rifle (350.00 of the 500 mentioned before) but with a split bridge receiver like a mannlicher, g9840 type receiver but on 22 scale which holds a 22mm scope (gerard landlicht for 150.00 for the total of 500) i just bought. the problem i can't find out what model rifle they fit. there European but not sure what country was hoping SOMETHING german i could mount them on but still no candidate.

Mauser99,
thanks for your info it was the lynch pin in my decision i thank you for your back ground in this area. also by the pics i have been trying to research it looks like the receiver ring is to big of a diameter for my set. the bases i have look like for the diameter of the remington 510,511,512,513T type of 22 it should fit.

IF anyone might know of other 22's of european rifles i could post pics to help things. if not i might dump the scope and mount set and get out of this EXSPENSIVE idea while i can. : )

later
vaughn

Last edited:
Claw Mounts

Hello All,

here are the pics, i took a picture of the tag that came with them. the tag has front and back writing present. there are a few ppl i know who can read german, but no one could decipher it for me due to it being written in pencil, its age/condition etc. Maybe some one here can?? I measued the small radius present on the front base if that helps. It measures about 5/8's. this is all that can be measuerd from the base. When I did get anything deciphered of the 5 lines on the front 2 are easy to read and i kind of knew already. I am hopeing the rest might give me a hint where they came from. I asked the seller, he said he bought them from a closed gun shop and just kept the tags on but couldn't tell me either what it said.

FRONT
Line 1 ?
Line 2 Montage = Mount
Line 3 22mm Ringe = 22mm rings : )
Line 4 ?
Line 5 ? DM 350.00

REAR
Line 1 ?

Attachments

• Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    199.7 KB · Views: 15