Third Party Press

Help with a pre-war(?) hi-power

Caesar1

A local shop has this hi-power but I was wondering what anyone can tell me. I thought it was a prewar and was wondering what the value of this may be? Thanks

1347030415.jpg
1347030236.jpg
photo-1.jpg
1347030385.jpg

sorry ceaser i forgot to answer your PM- but no i dont know anyone who would know value. i just do german wwii so i dont know much about these but i can tell you that it appears to be a pre-war belgian. do a google search or go to the hi-power forums and that will give you a better idea

Last edited:
h.p.

yes it apears to be pre-war belgian. the firearms guide or blue book can be used for pricing. The germans took over production using belgian pistols and continued the serial range. Then adopted a german type numbering much later. This should also be slotted. Its gotta be worth a grand I would think ?

p35b

this is a belgian military pistol.. and could of been captured and used by the germans..the germans didnt re-proof these already in circulation.. The only ones showing belgian and german proofs were p35b's in the factory being proofed or were just proofed during the takeover.. A very small serial range in deed.

Your pistol is a pre-war Belgian military pistol that was likely issued to the Belgian military and then surrendered to the Germans in 1940. It is thought there were 30-35k of these pistols manufactured. All in all, it appears to be a pretty nice pistol and a definately a desirable collector's item.
oops! I see mauser99 beat me to it.

Military Rifle Journal
Back