Third Party Press

Kriegsmodell Book News

bruce98k

Super Over the Top Moderator -1/2
Staff member
I am reposting this due to unintentional deletion.

Last edited by a moderator:
To vulch

PM Mike on getting multiple autographed copies for the Aust. market.

I thought I would announce this here, as the faithful watch this forum with religious zeal.

It's official- the Kreigsmodell book is going to be translated into German and printed in Germany by DWJ, aka Deutches Waffen Journal!

This is a big honor for Bruce and I, and is a show of how our hard work has paid off. It's going to take quite a while to get the book translated, published, and printed, but it's a testament to how well the book is doing. We have received numerous overseas orders for the book, and have shipped quite a few copies to German book dealers. It's a great thing to reach a milestone such as this, and we are proud of our work! I would like to take this opportunity to thank Jon Speed- he has been the best salesman of our book in Germany one could find. To have him promote your book to the industry in Germany is very helpful to say the least- Thanks Jon!

FYI, in just over 2 months we have sold over half of the 1000 copies we printed. That's pretty good considering we don't have a distribution network in place and have to sell by word of mouth and a few ebay/gunbroker auctions. More than likely we are not going to do a second printing right off the bat. It is a substantial investment to print 1000 books, which has to come from our pocket. So for those that got a book, smart move- when these are gone, it's going to be a while before we print more (of course, if we keep getting back orders we will have to do a second printing). I guess what I am saying- if you want a book, and have been on the fence- get one in the next month or so. Once these are gone the price will go up- others have eluded to this fact, and I'm just trying to get everyone out in front of the possibility of there being no books for sale when you want one.

With that, I say "Aufedersehn"!!!

p.s.- not sure what the reference to Australia is? I guess there were some replies when Bruce permanently deleted the thread. I'm removing his deleting privileges as of now. :biggrin1:

Last edited:
Are you sure the other thread disappeared? I ask because there is one posted in the Contract Rifle forum...

http://www.k98kforum.com/showthread.php?619-Kriegsmodell-Book-News

Well, as I said before: A hearty congratulations to you guys!

Doh.jpg

Bruce has that habit of deleting things - DON'T LET HIM EDIT THE NEXT BOOK! And for gawd's sake, make sure he saves multiple copies of the text when he is writing it :)

The reference to Australia was me asking to get possibly some author autographed copies for me to sell here at gunshows (I'd be the exclusive agent :) ), preferrably with that lovely ink stamp :)

Let me know my bulk-discount rate, and I may be able to swing my dealer into a partnership here.

Deleted posts

Actually Mike is more dangerous with his cell phone than I am with the keyboard.

That's great guys! I'm sure this has been covered, but is there an eta on when to expect the next book to hit the shelves?

Congratulations on Your Printing in the European Theater , Now You are Legitimate Authors
LOL !!!!!!! As if You were not already .

More horsepower for Volume 1

Pleased to announce the addition of Dr. Mark Swartzburg, Professor of History UNC-Ch and Highpoint College.. He is an published expert on EWB weapons and the interwar period.

Bill Grist helped set this up and we appreciate it greatly. Thanks Bill!

Outstanding reference book

Bruce and Mike,

Congrats on the German language edition.
Your book is the best in it's class ...ever !!!

Regards,
Joe V.

Military Rifle Journal
Back