Third Party Press

Code question MP44 Mag

bruce98k

Super Over the Top Moderator -1/2
Staff member
Picked these up and one is coded bte. Which firm contracted this mag?
Other 2 are gqm and kur.

Thanks,
B.

Attachments

• _DSC4119[1].jpg
    _DSC4119[1].jpg
    314.8 KB · Views: 64
  • _DSC4120[1].jpg
    _DSC4120[1].jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 65
bte = Frank'sche Eisenwerke AG Niederscheld

I have recorded them for MP40 magazines before, this is the first MP44 magazine I have seen, they have an odd waffenamt from the few pictures I have seen of their MP40 magazines, can you make out the waffenamt here? This one looks different, perhaps a change in waffenamt later in the war.

Picked these up and one is coded bte. Which firm contracted this mag?
Other 2 are gqm and kur.

Thanks,
B.

bte = Frank'sche Eisenwerke AG Niederscheld

I have recorded them for MP40 magazines before, this is the first MP44 magazine I have seen, they have an odd waffenamt from the few pictures I have seen of their MP40 magazines, can you make out the waffenamt here? This one looks different, perhaps a change in waffenamt later in the war.

Looks like WaAC68 to me. Apparently, they also used WaAB37 (or 837).

Attachments

• BTE43.jpg
    BTE43.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 40
  • bte42.jpg
    bte42.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 33
Good pictures Ryan, still hard to make out, even with these good pictures. Have you seen another MP43/44 magazine from them? Any other magazines perhaps?

I've never encountered an MP44 mag made by "bte", but I have MP40 mags. Bruce should be able to use a loupe on that on and tell us what it is.

Good pictures Ryan, still hard to make out, even with these good pictures. Have you seen another MP43/44 magazine from them? Any other magazines perhaps?

One I found from eGun. I found several other old eGun auctions (no pictures) on google.de that listed bte MP44 mags.

Attachments

• RIMG13753.jpg
    RIMG13753.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 37
  • RIMG13754.jpg
    RIMG13754.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 36

Military Rifle Journal
Back