Third Party Press

DMS and KKW Ramrods?

1914mauser

Could someone explain the differences between trainer and K98k rods? Are there reproductions? How can you tell the differences? Pictures of variations would be very helpful. Thank you in advance. Regards,

The DSM does not have a cleaning rod. It is a stacking rod that looks like a headless screw. The KKW rod is one diameter it's full length.
The K98k will have a knob on the patch end.
KKW
DSC_1980.jpg

DSM
DSC_1991.jpg

????

dude, guns havent had ramrods since the 1870's :facepalm:

Could someone explain the differences between trainer and K98k rods? Are there reproductions? How can you tell the differences? Pictures of variations would be very helpful. Thank you in advance. Regards,

Dude - If cleaning rod makes you happy? Does it realy matter what I call it you knew what I was talking about. Regards,

Drawing of the KKW cleaning rod ?

My Mauser KKW serial 1035 feels alone without his cleaning rod....
I don't have find any reproductions, so i'm thinking about to reproduce it myself.
Does anyone have the drawing of the original rod ?
Thanks in advance:hail::hail:
Tiger

KKW Rod per Mother Oberndorf

Courtesy of Jon Speed

BSW/Gustloff is different.

Can't speak to the Walther KKW as not sure have any seen one with what I knew to be an original factory rod.

Attachments

• rod1 (899x1280).jpg
    rod1 (899x1280).jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 51
  • rod2 (981x1061).jpg
    rod2 (981x1061).jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 48
Great, thanks a lot !

It's amazing to find this drawing today ! Thanks a lot to Jon and Jim !
I will send you in the next weeks a complete presentation of my KKW with the new cleaning rod !
Tiger

I got very lucky when I found my cleaning rod at a gunshow. It was in with a bunch of K98 rods. The guy how had them, was a 22trainer colletor and thought it was too long for the KKW. Paid $10 for it. When I told him it was the correct length, he did a :facepalm: ! He said if he hade did more research, it would have been a $50 rod. :laugh:

Military Rifle Journal
Back