Third Party Press

Mint G-43 marked ac-45 with rail removed

jack944

I owned this one over 20 years ago and sold it to get $$ for a house downpayment. Several years ago I saw the guy I sold it to selling it on Auction Arms. It wasn't getting away this time.

Some neat features on this one with an earlier reclaimed receiver...no rib on bolt carrier...blued trigger guard.

Attachments

• img_9846.jpg
    img_9846.jpg
    277.5 KB · Views: 121
  • img_9847.jpg
    img_9847.jpg
    247.7 KB · Views: 95
  • img_9848.jpg
    img_9848.jpg
    175 KB · Views: 89
  • img_9850.jpg
    img_9850.jpg
    251 KB · Views: 115
  • img_9851.jpg
    img_9851.jpg
    239.7 KB · Views: 98
  • img_9854.jpg
    img_9854.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 76
  • img_9857.jpg
    img_9857.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 71
  • img_9858.jpg
    img_9858.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 89
  • img_9859.jpg
    img_9859.jpg
    173.7 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
Forgot some pics.

I owned this one over 20 years ago and sold it to get $$ for a house downpayment. Several years ago I saw the guy I sold it to selling it on Auction Arms. It wasn't getting away this time.

Some neat features on this one with an earlier reclaimed receiver...no rib on bolt carrier...

some pics added.

Attachments

• img_9865.jpg
    img_9865.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 82
  • img_9867.jpg
    img_9867.jpg
    199.5 KB · Views: 69
  • img_9870.jpg
    img_9870.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 67
  • img_9855.jpg
    img_9855.jpg
    202.4 KB · Views: 62
  • img_9860.jpg
    img_9860.jpg
    228.3 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
What an ac45 should look like IMO: unstained, crude, and poorly finished. Sharp!:thumbsup:

Agree. The wood is what every G43 collector wants and is typical of what these look like in untouched/mint shape. Unfortunately, most vets (and others) did not feel the same when they saw them...hence the large amount of stock "enhancement" over the years.

These AC45 rifles are always so interesting, with no two alike it seems.

Brian

wow

now I see what you mean... Yes this is a keeper. One usually never gets a chance to buy back a rifle like this once its gone. A typical G43 ac45 b type 1 with milled rail. Love the spotty finish on this one. Usually the type ones have an even grey finish where the rough walther recievers are spotty. Anyway, If I were gonna keep on this would be the one. Un-upgradeable !!

What at Beauty!

Just too nice! Classic late Walther stock with marked hand guard to boot! Milled G43 receiver as a bonus! The bolt carrier has no locking latch, is it dual or single rail (I suspect single rail but you never know with these!)? Both of my "b" blocks have been dual rail type with rough forged receivers, interesting that the stock has no marking lines to the rear of the bolt carrier for field stripping as seen on most of the late G/K43's without the latch from Walther. Like Brian said, no two seem to be alike!

Can you post barrel codes and markings? The receiver looks to be made in St. Etienne. France, I'm curious about the barrel manufacturer...

Congrats, really nice to see some great G/K43's showing up on the forum these days! Keep 'em coming!

Greg

I concur that the stock is mint condition. Highly desireable and extremely difficult to find. I do find the bolt carrier very interesting though. It is highly unusual to see a bolt carrier without the re-inforcing rib and not have a "hold open" latch. In fact I have never seen one like it. Bolt carriers without the re-inforcing rib normally only show up on AC 43s and the very earliest AC 44s, and scattered throughout at that. All having hold open latches. On the other side, all late war bolt carriers without the hold open latch have the re-inforcing rib.

See something new every day! Thanks for sharing!

Rib

I concur that the stock is mint condition. Highly desireable and extremely difficult to find. I do find the bolt carrier very interesting though. It is highly unusual to see a bolt carrier without the re-inforcing rib and not have a "hold open" latch. In fact I have never seen one like it. Bolt carriers without the re-inforcing rib normally only show up on AC 43s and the very earliest AC 44s, and scattered throughout at that. All having hold open latches. On the other side, all late war bolt carriers without the hold open latch have the re-inforcing rib.

See something new every day! Thanks for sharing!

There are many late examples that have been noted along with my d block matching sniper posted here that have the early bolt covers that were dug out of bins. They used up the parts and skipped adding the hold open. See also J. Miles d block rifle stickied here that has the same cover.

Last edited:
info

Just too nice! Classic late Walther stock with marked hand guard to boot! Milled G43 receiver as a bonus! The bolt carrier has no locking latch, is it dual or single rail (I suspect single rail but you never know with these!)? Both of my "b" blocks have been dual rail type with rough forged receivers, interesting that the stock has no marking lines to the rear of the bolt carrier for field stripping as seen on most of the late G/K43's without the latch from Walther. Like Brian said, no two seem to be alike!

Can you post barrel codes and markings? The receiver looks to be made in St. Etienne. France, I'm curious about the barrel manufacturer...

Congrats, really nice to see some great G/K43's showing up on the forum these days! Keep 'em coming!

Greg

Cannot find a 134 so I suspect it is an early Walther receiver. Barrel is marked 64 | 45. Single guide rail.

Cannot find a 134 so I suspect it is an early Walther receiver. Barrel is marked 64 | 45. Single guide rail.

Interesting, thanks for the info. I have to agree, most likely a salvaged receiver. The late AC45 Walther's are always interesting and varied. No letter code on barrel I assume?

Military Rifle Journal
Back