Third Party Press

Rare ZF4 Rainshield

LTCar2

After nearly 10 years of searching, and paying way too much, I finally acquired this ZF4 5-fingered rainshield. It's in good condition. You can observe where the scope covers were on it for an extended period of time. This was my first and probably my ONLY opportunity to buy one.

Attachments

• IMG_6391.JPG
    IMG_6391.JPG
    157.6 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_6394.JPG
    IMG_6394.JPG
    139.7 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_6397.JPG
    IMG_6397.JPG
    133.2 KB · Views: 65
I'm not a K43 collector per se, but I can tell it's a prize for you. Now the letdown, you have to find something else to chase for the NEXT 10 years. :thumbsup:

Nice!

Real sunshields are hard enough to find let alone this 5-prong type! Very nice score, I found one a few years back and it weren't cheap. The only other one I have seen for sale was on Henrik Rask's site a couple of months back. Now what are you going to hunt for???:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Real sunshields are hard enough to find let alone this 5-prong type! Very nice score, I found one a few years back and it weren't cheap. The only other one I have seen for sale was on Henrik Rask's site a couple of months back. Now what are going to hunt for???:thumbsup:

Greg, up until this one I beleive the one you picked up afew years ago was the last one I have seen.

Next on the list: a phosphated rqs mag......or maybe a 20rd mag......which ever comes first....

Have been looking for a rqs magazine for over 20 years. Had one chance about 10 years ago; it was a trade only situation and I could not raise the appropriate "trade bait" to close the deal. Oh well, I'll just keep looking!

rqs mag

My qve K43 pictured(last SN)at the top of the K-43 forum has an rqs mag. Maybe we need to have a mag thread at the beginning.

Here is an excellent article by Glenn deRuiter published in the KCN nearly 20 years ago. Since the KCN has been defunct for nearly that long, I'm hoping no one will object to the reprinting of it. If so, I will immediately delete.
Apologies for some of my personal comments written into the margins.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 94
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 92
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 91
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 90
Sorry that this has morphed into a mag thread, but I wanted to let you know that I will not be spending the next 10 years looking for this magazine. When I wasn't looking, one fell into my lap this past week. Now I have to re-evaluate my list.

Attachments

• IMG_6589.JPG
    IMG_6589.JPG
    106.7 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_6592.JPG
    IMG_6592.JPG
    85.8 KB · Views: 28

Military Rifle Journal
Back