Third Party Press

Hello all!

RaizeR125

Hello, my name is Bill I’ve haven’t been collecting too long, maybe since 2016 or so and they are not expensive German rifles and pistols (Late to the game) Anyways, I picked up an all matching DWM Luger recently and fell in love with it. Now, I’m looking into a DOU 1944 Mod98 which I know was made in Czechoslovakia plus I’ve been doing major research on it and come to find out, these rifles are as crazy to understand as the Lugers.

Them being faked and parts not matching so on an so fourth. Please excuse my ignorance to anything I said above for I am a student, and I’m trying to learn and I haven’t been around the collecting world for too long. I did buy and I’m waiting on a book called “Backbone of the Wehrmacht The German K98k rifle” so that plus you guys can hopefully help me on my journey. Welp I hope introduced myself properly, have a great day!

Welcome Bill!

BBoTW is okay, but it can't come CLOSE to providing you with the depth of information you'll find in Karabiner 98k, Volume II. If your interest in learning about Nazi-era variants is even the least bit serious, I would highly recommend that you click on the masthead at the top of this page, and order that magnificent two-volume set before they're gone.

All the best!

Richie

Welcome Bill!

BBoTW is okay, but it can't come CLOSE to providing you with the depth of information you'll find in Karabiner 98k, Volume II. If your interest in learning about Nazi-era variants is even the least bit serious, I would highly recommend that you click on the masthead at the top of this page, and order that magnificent two-volume set before they're gone.

All the best!

Richie

Edit: I decided to buy the book you told me to. It’s clear I will save a ton of money doing my proper research. Also, do you know when the book will ship out, if you’re are involved in the processing of it of course. Thank you for the info.

I figured that book I bought wouldn’t be up-to-date since it was only revised in 93. I wish I found this site before finding that book that I bought. Sad reality to this all is that I know I’m very late to the game and with all the info out there, I’ll most likely never find a good deal anymore, for an all matching early war kar98k or any Kar98 But I guess I can dream. Thanks for the welcome.

Last edited:

Military Rifle Journal
Back