Third Party Press

Not sure........

Thanks Warrior! I'm convinced there must be something wrong with it, my luck isn't this good.

Well your luck paid off today buddy. You got yourself a nice k98k that had a field repair done. Plus got it for a damn good price as well. Very happy for you.

But I must warn you now. You have now been bitten by the k98k bug. Unfortunately there is no cure and before you know it will multiplying into more k98k rifles!

A few more pics, being new to this, does anything else seem off other than the floor plate and related parts? I'm trying to get a sense of value for insurance reasons. A little back story, My Great great, and great Grandfathers were gun makers in western Pennsylvania in the late 1800's and I am trying to make sure i keep my collection properly insured. Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• IMG_1902.jpg
    IMG_1902.jpg
    283.9 KB · Views: 68
  • stock sling ho.jpg
    stock sling ho.jpg
    284.1 KB · Views: 72
  • sight.jpg
    sight.jpg
    283.9 KB · Views: 71
Others are better than I at estimating, but I’d say at least 5 times what you paid for it or more. How is the bore?

KJ

Sorry for the delay KJ and all. Here is a pic of the crown. I'm having trouble figuring out how to get a good pic of the bore, this is my latest attempt at it.

Attachments

• crown (2).jpg
    crown (2).jpg
    286 KB · Views: 66
  • bore.jpg
    bore.jpg
    292.4 KB · Views: 65
Sorry for the delay KJ and all. Here is a pic of the crown. I'm having trouble figuring out how to get a good pic of the bore, this is my latest attempt at it.

Wow man, it looks even more beautiful with every pic you put up. I see that you're in PA; I made the trip to the Oaks show this past weekend but didn't see too much on the Mauser front. Congrats!

42/ 1940 Kar 98k

That's a very nice looking Kar98K, and you got a screaming deal on it !
Thanks for posting and pics.
Bob32268

Beautiful rifle and as others said it's a screaming deal. Was there much bidding action on her at the estate auction?

Damn dude, you scored bigly. :thumbsup:

KJ

Thanks KJ. I'm really trying to get a honest appraisal on this gun, but not having any luck. Do you think I should put it up on Gunbroker and see what happens? I would like too keep it, but it has no sentimental value, and if the price is right it's gone. I don't even know what to ask for it.

Military Rifle Journal
Back