Third Party Press

Turd Alerts

I got a good laugh out of this one. Don't look to hard at the bolt handle, or it will give you cancer. It seriously looks like someone cut it off and crappily welded it on backwards. It looks like a beaver chewed out the bolt relief on the stock so that this new abomination would fit. Enjoy pictures, and here's a link to the post too while its still up. https://www.gunbroker.com/item/920531990
k98 bolt cancer.jpgk98 turd.PNG

I got a good laugh out of this one. Don't look to hard at the bolt handle, or it will give you cancer. It seriously looks like someone cut it off and crappily welded it on backwards. It looks like a beaver chewed out the bolt relief on the stock so that this new abomination would fit. Enjoy pictures, and here's a link to the post too while its still up. https://www.gunbroker.com/item/920531990
View attachment 289174View attachment 289175

It obviously has some 'condition' issues...to put it lightly. Looks to me like it was likely a legit Heer bnz. 43 that was turned into a hunting rifle. Probably a long time ago. Very much a 'Bubba' type situation.

However, there is some gold here. And that's in the seller's description:

"I can imagine some fine Kraut stationed in Paris, Oslo, Rome, or Vienna and having this built before Dday, or some USGI Joe getting his trophy Mauser scoped before returning stateside. This NOT A NAZI FACTORY TEXTBOOK SNIPER! So all you crustacean phaliced Armchair Experts, and Fruity Forum Fairys can eat a fat one. This is a premium BNZ43 made by Steyr Daimler Puch. It has a premium scope system, and is in top high condition...Ready for collection or deploy now to keep the Democratic, spice smoking, meth monkeys at bay."

Dude is a straight up comedian. :ROFLMAO:

It obviously has some 'condition' issues...to put it lightly. Looks to me like it was likely a legit Heer bnz. 43 that was turned into a hunting rifle. Probably a long time ago. Very much a 'Bubba' type situation.

However, there is some gold here. And that's in the seller's description:

"I can imagine some fine Kraut stationed in Paris, Oslo, Rome, or Vienna and having this built before Dday, or some USGI Joe getting his trophy Mauser scoped before returning stateside. This NOT A NAZI FACTORY TEXTBOOK SNIPER! So all you crustacean phaliced Armchair Experts, and Fruity Forum Fairys can eat a fat one. This is a premium BNZ43 made by Steyr Daimler Puch. It has a premium scope system, and is in top high condition...Ready for collection or deploy now to keep the Democratic, spice smoking, meth monkeys at bay."

Dude is a straight up comedian. :ROFLMAO:
So get this... i was messaging him and he claimed that the sling has an austrian divison marking on it. Them he claims it has a first panzer division marking on it and that it was worth more than the whole rig. I googled the marking on the sling, first result is a Bavarian (west German) m1 carbine with the same marking. Guess what? He updates the description doubling down on his BS claims. Originally I thought he was just funny, but he seems to be a scammer too. Shame.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220106-010901_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20220106-010901_Gmail.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 52
  • Screenshot_20220106-011357_Brave.jpg
    Screenshot_20220106-011357_Brave.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 50
So get this... i was messaging him and he claimed that the sling has an austrian divison marking on it. Them he claims it has a first panzer division marking on it and that it was worth more than the whole rig. I googled the marking on the sling, first result is a Bavarian (west German) m1 carbine with the same marking. Guess what? He updates the description doubling down on his BS claims. Originally I thought he was just funny, but he seems to be a scammer too. Shame.

I don't know this for sure...but I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the 1st Panzer Division didn't feel the need to unit mark their K98k slings lol.

I'm definitely getting more kook than scammer vibes from this guy. Still, just absolutely hilarious.

Oh, and btw, that is the original bolt that was altered like that. You'll see that pretty frequently with these home done sporters. Its so the bolt and scope clear each other. That one is particularly badly done though.

I'm definitely getting more kook than scammer vibes from this guy. Still, just absolutely hilarious.
Yeah for sure. He's in another thread now too and he's got a lot of 'interesting' comments. Really feeling the ShooterIke type vibe. Delusional AND ignorant?

Yeah for sure. He's in another thread now too and he's got a lot of 'interesting' comments. Really feeling the ShooterIke type vibe. Delusional AND ignorant?
definitely traveling in some parallel universe!
the whole spiel is deliberately distractive. who cares (relative to the auction) that he went downrange, how he (may have) configured his M4, and 1st Pz was formed Oct 15, 1935 in Weimar, from 3rd Cavalry, then again July 1, 1956 as a Bundeswehr unit, the Russkies invaded Hungary in early November that year.
Unbelievable what the bids have already risen to!

That's a shell case! I thought it was a handguard. Now it all seems perfectly legit and DEFINATELY worth $35.00.

He should have said it was a G41M relic. He could have asked for $135.00...

Guys, some turds are so bad as to require their own thread. Open a thread then dump the link here (pun intended).

Anyone have any information on the current K98 sniper on gunbroker? Is it legit? Comes with a story as well. It’s the JP sauer

Is the Turd contest still active, or has a winner already been declared? If not, can I submit one for the win under "Turd Parts"?

I love this one...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/313909163130?hash=item491671b47a:g:g~IAAOSwmzViBoR2
I just saw that the original ended and it was relisted

This one shined up real well.

"K98 Mauser Rifle - Genuine LAST DITCH Model - RARE!"
This K98 Mauser Rifle was assembled during late WWII. Some of the features of the rifle were omitted to speed up production. The features left off are: no front sight hood slots, no bolt take down rivet in stock (they substituted a hole in the butt plate for this), no band springs (used screws instead), no bayonet lug, and no cleaning rod hole.
This K98 was assembled in 1944-45. The receiver was manufactured in Germany at Mauser Werke in Obendorf on the Neckar in 1939. It shoots 8mm ammunition from a 5 round magazine. The metal finish is about 95%. The wood condition is very nice - beautiful woodgrain. On the right side of the butt stock has a proof mark which is an eagle over a capital H. (H meaning Heer - army).

pix229130046.jpgpix244728868.jpgpix266296777.jpgpix279730318.jpgpix611842488.jpgpix632697702.jpgpix811967725.jpgpix811967725.jpgpix901468514.jpgpix983505737.jpg

Attachments

• pix065247704.jpg
    pix065247704.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 3
I guess you can just puke up whatever bullshit you want to about anything nowadays, and throw a sub-$2000 price tag on it. I want to nicely tell this guy what he has, but I won’t because he probably doesn’t have the brain capacity to understand any of it.

E0AA2608-9C18-4A08-A399-5707CBC21E49.jpeg

Military Rifle Journal
Back