Third Party Press

Type 1 SMG Starts Shipping Tomorrow

DaveDavis

Rick says the wait is over / First rifles leave via FedEx in the morning / Yes, I am getting one of the 1st out the shop doors.

That’s good news, I had a type II for a long time and loved it.

Now we need rick to partner with dingo... if you know what I mean Mp44 clone...

These guns look absolutely amazing. I helped out Rick by designing the large “Fg42” font, the serial numbers and acceptance stamp engravings. I traced an original rifles and collected images of every original number to make sure it was as close as humanly possible. These little details make a replica rifle for me and I was thrilled to help. I did the same thing for the engravings on the first SMG FG42 typeG. I would love to hear feedback from the guys who gets their rifles here. Of course these are trivial details compared to the big picture which is the rifle is a work of art and nearly identical to the original.

Got a notification sunday the gun had been test fired just waiting for cases to ship with.

Pretty sure it has been worth the wait .

Just took my gun out of the case //// a work of art

a fantastic reproduction at what I think was a great price.....

Oh, and I know its new, but how is that grip angle? I always thought those Type 1's would be somewhat uncomfortable in that area...

It might be great if your prone, but shouldering it while standing seems, difficult.

One of the reasons HK went with a more vertical grip on the HK-416 versus the bit more angled grips on most of the previous M16 variants...now many manufacturers are going to a more vertical grip...

I would think the bipod attachment is better for accuracy than the Type II though...

Rick has worked wonders again!

Does anyone know if the Type I's used a sling of a design that was in any way different from the repros currently found on the market today?

Oh, and I know its new, but how is that grip angle? I always thought those Type 1's would be somewhat uncomfortable in that area...

It might be great if your prone, but shouldering it while standing seems, difficult.

One of the reasons HK went with a more vertical grip on the HK-416 versus the bit more angled grips on most of the previous M16 variants...now many manufacturers are going to a more vertical grip...

I would think the bipod attachment is better for accuracy than the Type II though...

I think the angle of the grip will take a great deal of getting used to except when firing from the prone.

Th hidden bipod locking system Rick incorporated is genius and unless you know what to look for you will never find it. It locks the bipod rather securely which prevents the collapse of the bipod while firing. This was a major complaint when the rifle was first fielded.

More Photos.........

Attachments

• thumbnail-22.jpg
    thumbnail-22.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 151
  • thumbnail-19.jpg
    thumbnail-19.jpg
    192.2 KB · Views: 162
  • thumbnail-20.jpg
    thumbnail-20.jpg
    195 KB · Views: 143
  • thumbnail-23.jpg