Third Party Press

adjusting windage

sight adjustments

if you are hitting left, move front sight to the LEFT, which causes you to aim more right. for the “high” problem, either hold lower, (typical German sight picture has the shooter cover the target w/the muzzle) or try a taller front sight post, which will cause the shooter to hold lower. What another poster suggested about moving the slider forward I believe will have the effect of moving point of impact HIGHER, at the same target distance, because it amounts to lowering the rear of the barrel & raising the front.... (think about artillery....)

HTH, & no offense intended to anyone

Junnie,
Buy one of the Mauser $20 front sight adjustment tools on Ebay rather than beating on it with a hammer. You can make very small adjustments without moving the sight too far and possibly making a loose fit. It also helps to put a drop of penetrating oil on the sight the day before taking it to the range.:happy0180:

ebay $20 Mauser front sight tool

+ 1 to previous post, unless you think you'll never adjust another sight, it's worth it. AND for the specific application, works better than my more expensive Brownell's front sight tool. Mine has a screw on each side so you can easily move the post piece back a tad if it went too far the 1st time.

Junnie,
Buy one of the Mauser $20 front sight adjustment tools on Ebay rather than beating on it with a hammer. You can make very small adjustments without moving the sight too far and possibly making a loose fit. It also helps to put a drop of penetrating oil on the sight the day before taking it to the range.:happy0180:

haven't seen one of theses tools.. please send link..... junnie

also perhaps will be looking for taller front sights, I saw someone selling several weeks , but alas my memory fails.. Danke Junnie

found tool, for 18 dollars,,,, Danke.

how about new taller front sights????

also looking for USMC shooting jackets 1966 we used at Camp Edison. found several but: size small,,, I put on a couple of pounds since 66. more than likely XL or Large.... tempted to purchase the small for my grandson... Danke.... Junnie

test front sight

this may sound crude, but it works: TEMPORARILY, make a front sight extension out of piece of wooden toothpick & a bit of electrician’s tape. If the taller post works then you know that, & might even find out how tall the post should be before you order......

there’s no one in my back yard to make fun of the things I’ve tried........

found tool, for 18 dollars,,,, Danke.

how about new taller front sights????

also looking for USMC shooting jackets 1966 we used at Camp Edison. found several but: size small,,, I put on a couple of pounds since 66. more than likely XL or Large.... tempted to purchase the small for my grandson... Danke.... Junnie

An old German Armorers trick was to grind a little off the bottom of the sight slide instead of changing the front sight.

Military Rifle Journal
Back