Third Party Press

Original MP-44 mags for sale

I saw that as I get their email push but since I do not yet have one it didn't matter to me. $375??

more important to help other members, then whether I need them. I do not

$ 375 is not a bad price considering what the open market has been offering, condition looked good too

gee I should have bought them all and neckbearded folks here

these original mags are around, I used to place ads in numerous firearms sites ( not here) You would be surprised how many guys have magazines for guns they do not own. 9 time out of ten they ask me what I would pay ( I pay shipping). Depending on condition I offer $ 300 if in ex cond and $200.00 if not. I only had a few turn downs.

if the photo's were accurate, that was a fair price for the mags. I have few that are alot worst, that function fine

more important to help other members, then whether I need them. I do not

I wasn't trying to demean your effort. I'm glad you posted about it and yes given what sellers have been asking they were a good deal. As I said 'I' didn't have a need for them. I didn't think to post it. That was good on you.

gee I should have bought them all and neckbearded folks here

these original mags are around, I used to place ads in numerous firearms sites ( not here) You would be surprised how many guys have magazines for guns they do not own. 9 time out of ten they ask me what I would pay ( I pay shipping). Depending on condition I offer $ 300 if in ex cond and $200.00 if not. I only had a few turn downs.

if the photo's were accurate, that was a fair price for the mags. I have few that are alot worst, that function fine

Supply and demand, clearly - even with relatively available supply the demand is incredible. These were overpriced from my perspective by about $50-75, yet they sold in an hour apparantly. At least they didn't list it for $1200.00 like that outfit in Texas did, that was ridiculous.

What an interesting time to be a Sturmgewehr collector, the recent Morphy prices indicate a drop of $5-10k in value in the NFA market for these pattern rifles, which I would associate with the economic issues we are looking at. However if you have the cash and your time horizon is long, now might be the time to buy because if the economy picks back up, these things may bounce up into the $30k's and never look back.

While we are on the topic, I'm looking for an original bolt to use in my PTR44 if anyone wants to let one go at a reasonable price. Just say'n……..

Looks like they’re sitting on gunbroker now for a few hundred more, all from the same person. Sure would be nice to get one or two for my gun without someone jacking up the prices as a middle man.

..without someone jacking up the prices as a middle man.

Sadly it's the world we currently live in. It's happened multiple times with parts on Numrich. Someone will buy ALL of them and then you see them immediately on FleaBay or GB for triple the price.

Agreed, it’s stuff like this that makes it harder for people to get in the hobbies, but to be fair all hobbies have people like this, just sucks to see that I was finally so close to getting some decent priced mags.

I also recommend getting on there e-mail list, I may get a few for myself they looked good.

While we are on the topic, I'm looking for an original bolt to use in my PTR44 if anyone wants to let one go at a reasonable price. Just say'n……..

OK - I'm going to be struck-down by the STG Gods lightning bolt here.

I bought a ground dug bolt on Ebay, and ermm, it works just fine in the MP44, I replaced the extractor and spring and pin, and popped in a firing pin, and it's my back up, which we all know I'll never need, lol.

It looks like junk, and is pitted and nasty, but, it runs just fine.
Clack, chunk, chop, boom.
Cack, chunk, chop, boom.
Slow and rattly like a good MP.

They turn up every so often.
There is a way to look for certain bodenfund.

OK - I'm going to be struck-down by the STG Gods lightning bolt here.

I bought a ground dug bolt on Ebay, and ermm, it works just fine in the MP44, I replaced the extractor and spring and pin, and popped in a firing pin, and it's my back up, which we all know I'll never need, lol.

It looks like junk, and is pitted and nasty, but, it runs just fine.
Clack, chunk, chop, boom.
Cack, chunk, chop, boom.
Slow and rattly like a good MP.

They turn up every so often.
There is a way to look for certain bodenfund.

Dingo mentioned selling new manufacture Sturmgewehrs soon, I would talk to him first.

Military Rifle Journal
Back