Third Party Press

Belgian Mauser 89/36 local store

Do we currently know a difference between LK3 and LK5? or is it still a mystery

Two different facilities is what we believe. The LK5 proof has been found on k98k rifles, Gew98m, and French weapons. So the belief in theory is it's a Depot facility in France somewhere but new information has not been found yet. The LK3 proof has only been found on captured weapons from nations that the Germans have defeated. I believe other members here have posted some Dutch weapons with that same proof stamp on it. But who knows where this facility was located at at one time.

Very interesting, I really hope that we find something about the marking, in the mean time i think i have found a new collection hobby beutewaffen, its brought me to look at rifles I never really looked at, Greek rifles French and even mosins for an LK5, LK3 or even a depot stamp. I found my Niche

Glad you picked it up. Sounds like a really interesting piece at a great price. Does everything match except the bolt? Post some good overall photos and more details when you can. Stuff like the bayonet lug modification too.

Will do, The rifle seems to have mixed parts but wear marks are consistent on them and other parts were never given the new serial number.]

Last edited:
Just gonna add some photos. I wonder if the rifle was never matched in the first place because it never received a new serial number on the stock and bolt. It almost looks to me like they never finished the re-arsenal on this one.

A1AA23FC-AA75-466F-B069-FC95BCB2E344.jpeg Stock Channel
7797E419-4311-4540-9E8E-6BDD8FD1973B.jpeg Upper Handguard
4441F03E-9CC2-42B2-B5E9-EA86F8208920.jpeg Receiver
4C8E5DE4-3C44-4A67-BA55-622FA5DAB3D9.jpeg Barrel
image.jpg Magazine Plate

Last edited:
Forgot to mention that the bolt is blued, i know the Germans do that, most pictures i have seen have bolts in the white

Military Rifle Journal
Back