Third Party Press

informations on 3 pieces Dialytan bmj scope with ocular and objective in aluminium.

tonino7

As from the title I am asking informations on three pieces Dialytan bmj scope with ocular and objective in aluminium. If I well remember they were used in a small number , I suppose mounted on SC mount . Anyone has photos or other informations ? Serial number range? Many thanks!

I also have one of these in the 74.xxx serial range, somehwere in a box in a shelf in a room ...

Question : with which kind of mount they were mounted ? The one of Dave is on High turret , any other know mount know ?

Given the serial range the aluminum bmj+ scopes are in I would not be surprised if one day one for the SC mount would also surface.

Hello,

Unless very altered the tip ratio needed to get the scope on and off for a SC, this scope won't work.

Later
Vaughn

Hello,

Unless very altered the tip ratio needed to get the scope on and off for a SC, this scope won't work.

Later
Vaughn

I still had not found my Aluminum bmj+ for the SC, but it still is somewhere around .. maybe still with Robert since it needed a cleaning. Anyway, that scope is different from "the other" Aluminum bmj+ scopes. The ocular housing is identical, but the front end is full steel but with a short aluminum front end. I remember holding it next to an all steel bmj+ after buying, placing the turret at the exactly same locations it maybe was 5mm longer on both ends (so 10mm overall length more). That should still give enough clearance to be used on a SC scope mount.

I still had not found my Aluminum bmj+ for the SC, but it still is somewhere around .. maybe still with Robert since it needed a cleaning. Anyway, that scope is different from "the other" Aluminum bmj+ scopes. The ocular housing is identical, but the front end is full steel but with a short aluminum front end. I remember holding it next to an all steel bmj+ after buying, placing the turret at the exactly same locations it maybe was 5mm longer on both ends (so 10mm overall length more). That should still give enough clearance to be used on a SC scope mount.

Georg
Did your Aluminum bmj+ scope have Single Claw Rings or just the Tube ??

I am not insinuating that bmj+ scope with Aluminum Lens housing were not used with Single Claw Rifles I suspect its possible imo , but I would want to see a few complete examples of Aluminum bmj+ with Single Claw before making such a claim .

Military Rifle Journal
Back