Third Party Press

Mauser University: Mauser 101, 102 & 103

ugafx4

I buy capture paper guns
Staff member
π”π”žπ”²π”°π”’π”― π”˜π”«π”¦π”³π”’π”―π”°π”¦π”±π”Ά
π”π”žπ”²π”°π”’π”― 101, 102 π”žπ”«π”‘ 103

PLEASE LEAVE COMMNENTS IN MAIN THREAD LOCATED IN THE MAUSER SECTION OF THE FORUM!

I got to thinking the other day, how many of us have read all 3 volumes of the Karabiner 98k Series by our friends Mike Steves and Bruce Karem cover to cover? Have we all really dug into all the presented information about each manufacturer and the development of the 98k? With the help of Mike and Bruce I am assembling a 9-month guided read book club style of all three volumes. Cover to cover, all 1685 pages. I have assembled a schedule below and will be starting weekly threads for discussion of each chapter located in the books specific sub-forum above. We decided to name this adventure Mauser University: 101, 102, and 103 to correspond with all three volumes.

I personally believe that we have the greatest and most knowledgeable collector community on the internet, and I challenge you to take this adventure with me. This is an interactive opportunity to ask questions and get answers as we all read along and discuss together. We have a unique opportunity to directly collaborate with the authors and expert contributors from the series right here on the forum. Mike and Bruce will provide insight on their research and writing and may even show us new documents and present new theories that may not have made it into the book.

This forum and the book series have always existed hand in hand and hand and have grown from one another. I think this will be a fun experience that will help grow the hobby we all enjoy. I hope to see a ton of people asking questions and I hope we all learn something. I would really appreciate everyone’s support and participation in this idea.

I think starting soon will be great to build up momentum in the winter months that takes us into next year strong. As this idea grows, we can modify the schedule if needed or even go further with our discussions if we would like. If anyone has any ideas to help make this more enjoyable, please let me know. Once we complete this read, I would love to continue with other collector books.

The first section of Mauser 101 chapters 1, 2 and 3 of Volume 1 are scheduled to be completed by 11-14-20. That gives us a few weeks to get situated and details worked out. Look for my thread in the Volume 1 forum to get started talking about Chapters 1-3 of volume one Model 98k development!

Take a look at the schedule for all three volumes below.

Volume 1.JPG
Volume 2.JPG
Volume 3.JPG
Total.JPG
20201101_132337-01.jpg

Military Rifle Journal
Back