Third Party Press

Walther PPK 9 mm

Gerst

I am contemplating a bid on the
pictured 9 mm Walther PPK. It is in very good condition. What’s it worth? Can furnish more photos if needed.

Attachments

• 8955226E-D17D-46A9-9483-2E30DF5059D0.jpeg
    8955226E-D17D-46A9-9483-2E30DF5059D0.jpeg
    149.5 KB · Views: 65
Lovely West German police 9mm kurz PP made at the Walther Factory , verses the French one. Come with original box and cleaning rod

the property mark can be seen on the root of the trigger guard, nice collectible Walther to a collector

I had one just like this but unfortunately it didnt function properly.

First it was failing to fire. Hammer strike was too weak. I suspected that a previous owner had tweaked the main hammer spring to make the double-action trigger pull easier. So I replaced the hammer spring with one that was advertised as a standard weight spring.

The weak hammer strike problem was solved but a new problem arose. The hammer would often ride the slide home and not reset, meaning I had to manually cock the hammer or release the trigger fully and fire the next shot in double action mode.

I posted about this on the P38 forum looking for help and got zero responses. So I ended up not keeping the pistol.

Unfortunately both this forum and the p38forum are focused on pre-1945 items (some 1946). I'd try waltherforums.com for more info on post war Walther PPs.

I guess I did not throw out a number, not going too

this is for a true Walther collector, post war PP police pistol, in the box w/ spare mag & cleaning rod you dont ask how much , you say How much do I want it ,

because to a Walther collector, it belongs in their collection. This is not for a accumulator piece or shooter

I have one of these, I never had a problem with it similar package

I guess I did not throw out a number, not going too

this is for a true Walther collector, post war PP police pistol, in the box w/ spare mag & cleaning rod you dont ask how much , you say How much do I want it ,

I agree, and won't try to put dollar value on it either, but I will say that in the context of post-war Walthers, the top of the heap in terms of value and desirability to collectors is a PPK in 7.65/32acp. PPs and guns in 9mm/380 generally command lower prices in otherwise equal condition.

Military Rifle Journal
Back