Third Party Press

.. future of collectable mg's ..

tbied2

... at todays' ohio gun collectors show, i spoke with several auction rep's about prices. the very recent morphy's auction included some very high ticket item machineguns. i was told most buyers today are not shooters, but well off persons who are putting money in collectables. years past they chased older corvettes and sport cars,,.. now mg's. many of the machines guns went well past their reserves. the two mp44s went over 43,000 each, and i heard an mg42 hit the nineties. but, i have not checked that yet. also;;.. just a rare 100 round drum for a tommy gun went for 24,000. the workin' stiff is just about aced out,............. t.

https://auctions.morphyauctions.com...RODUCTION_ICONIC_WW2_GERMAN_MG-LOT494846.aspx ....<<<< $92,250.00 ............. yeooow!!

Last edited:
It’s been that way for years. I paid $1300 for my mp40, you can’t even buy a barrel assembly for that now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I passed on an MP43/1 because he wanted $2800. It was just too much, I could buy an mp44 for $2400. Lol. Mg34- $3500. Ridiculously priced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think you have to throw sales tax on these auctions as well, depending on what state buyer is in. Geeze.

It represents the end of an era, that ended a while ago.

Joe average enthusiast cannot afford one of these anymore.

Military Rifle Journal
Back