Third Party Press

GSG STG-44 .22lr

Sadly, over the past 40 years our political system, legal system and the media have become 100% infested with do-goody, anti-everything arsehole type's that want to demonize anything they don't like or agree with.

The politicians in local Govt in the UK in the Midlands made sure that shooting would not be one of the sports in the Commonwealth Games to be held in Birmingham next year.......as it didn't fit their sanitized view of Birmingham despite, Birmingham's long established history of gunmaking through the centuries. There is still an area of Birmingham called the Gun Quarter!

Yes I understand, sadly we have a Gun Grabbing POS sitting in the White House now. :facepalm:

Anyhow,

God save the Queen!

Ooh err......that's a nice collection :thumbsup:

Love the wood furniture SLR. I can remember when we were allowed to own those here in the UK prior to 1988. They can still be owned if converted to straight-pull action, but they are very expensive (around £3k) which is very expensive considering most of the conversions don't work properly, as they have very poor case extraction in straight-pull.:facepalm:

That No.5 looks a nice one as well...the No.5 was my late father's favourite from his Army service. He carried a No.5 for his 12 month tour of duty in Palestine in 1946/7, as did two of my uncles.

That's why I have an early '47 dated Faz No.5 in my rifle safe, along with a 1944 numbers matching No.4(T) :happy0180:

Here's my 5 and 4T keeping company with the K98kF1 I used to own.

Attachments

• 20181118_142531.jpg
    20181118_142531.jpg
    293.8 KB · Views: 20
Ooh err......that's a nice collection :thumbsup:

Love the wood furniture SLR. I can remember when we were allowed to own those here in the UK prior to 1988. They can still be owned if converted to straight-pull action, but they are very expensive (around £3k) which is very expensive considering most of the conversions don't work properly, as they have very poor case extraction in straight-pull.:facepalm:

That No.5 looks a nice one as well...the No.5 was my late father's favourite from his Army service. He carried a No.5 for his 12 month tour of duty in Palestine in 1946/7, as did two of my uncles.

That's why I have an early '47 dated Faz No.5 in my rifle safe, along with a 1944 numbers matching No.4(T) :happy0180:

Here's my 5 and 4T keeping company with the K98kF1 I used to own.

Love that #4T

That SLR is what we call a mix master built off a Brit L1a1 kit with a Brazilian type 3 receiver and a Canadian stock set. That being said it's a good shooter.

Cost me 1K back in 2012, also came with 10 inch pattern mags & the bayonet

With the rest of my FN family.

Last edited:
That is an awesome collection of FN rifles, Model, wow!

Very nice, I have the STG58 (Steyr), which I love shooting.
Like GeeRam, I'm from the UK originally, so perhaps that is why I have a soft spot for them.
Though Bren guns are my current distraction.

GeeRam, I started in Berks. Maidenhead specifically, many years ago.

I tried to get my 14 year old daughter to like the .22 STG44, but when she tried it at Big 5 it was too big and heavy.
We went with a little bolt action instead.

Here is my MP44 in 8mm.
evIDubgl.jpg

Love the way the light makes the pistol grip blue stand out.
Cx7HI3M.jpg

Like GeeRam, I'm from the UK originally, so perhaps that is why I have a soft spot for them.

I tried to get my 14 year old daughter to like the .22 STG44, but when she tried it at Big 5 it was too big and heavy.

Here is my MP44 in 8mm.
evIDubgl.jpg

Cx7HI3M.jpg

Wow....original MP44 :hail:

I've seen here in UK on the firing point next to me at Bisley, someone with one of the straight-pull versions of the new build SSD MP44's in 7.92x39 which was about the closest I'll ever get to a non-.22RF version. My Dad got to play with a few original's back in the late spring of 1945 in Germany just after VE Day in his RE unit, before the REME and CMP 'anti-fun police' went around hoovering up all the surrendered kit from all the units. He rather liked it, as he did the G43. :biggrin1:

I'm between Wokingham and Bracknell, so not that far away from your old area.

Here is my MP44 in 8mm.
evIDubgl.jpg

Cx7HI3M.jpg

Thanks Yes I had a Stg58 but sold it off then used the funds to get the Israeli FAL. BTW Nice STG44 display.

I perfur a Gun with some actual military history behind it.

Last edited:
Beautiful Israeli set up - NICE!
Yes, the STG58 is an odd one, choosing the wire cutting muzzle attachment over a bayonet attachment makes me laugh - get wire in notch + twist + fire a round, super tactical, lol!

Wokingham and Bracknell, I have family in Binfield (and three buried at Binfield Church), so yes, very familiar - small world!
(The MP44 is original'ish - re-welded receiver and semi-only.)

Does anyone have anyone experience with the GSG STG-44 clones in .22 long rifle? I seen some problems with magazines and general wear but overall pretty positive for a fun plinker. Looking at picking up a new in crate one. Also if anyone is interested in some magazines for sale, I would have some if I do end up purchasing.
I bought mine in Oct last year. I absolutely love it!!! Absolutely no problems.
I’ve bought the repro of an original strap for this rifle. (Most used the k-98 sling).
They made the stg -44 slung for a yr or so. Then said screw it. ! We got plenty of the others. Lol.
I do however abide by the not: HV ammo only. I run at least 1650 FPS.
I did adjust the rear sight. They are made to shoot low. Why????? Easy fix. 2 1/16 “ washers under the sight. And it’s dead in at flat sight.
Only bummer lol is they’re no binary triggered made for it. 🥲.

I highly recommend this weapon. It’s my main battle rifle.

Love that #4T

That SLR is what we call a mix master built off a Brit L1a1 kit with a Brazilian type 3 receiver and a Canadian stock set. That being said it's a good shooter.

Cost me 1K back in 2012, also came with 10 inch pattern mags & the bayonet

With the rest of my FN family.
Love the FNC! Use to have one. Wish I still had it. :(

I do however abide by the not: HV ammo only. I run at least 1650 FPS.
I did adjust the rear sight. They are made to shoot low. Why????? Easy fix. 2 1/16 “ washers under the sight. And it’s dead in at flat sight.

Yes, I only run CCI Mini-Mag through mine, as its only ammo I've found that is 99% reliable through it.

Military Rifle Journal
Back