Third Party Press

FG-42 For Sale

tsmgguy

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/886593358

I know we're not supposed to post links to ongoing auctions, but this is not an auction, it's cheap advertising at Gunbroker's expense. The gun will sell in a side deal. You'll know that has happened when there's an "ended" banner over the single photo.

If I was in the market for such a gun, I'd call OOW, reach a deal, put down a refundable deposit, and then jump on a plane to go have a look. I'd bring money.

I agree this is no auction and legit to post, this will never sell at GB, nor is it intended to.

You tote around $250,000 in any form other than cashiers check the TSA, DEA and or IRS would be owning that money... that is if the local cops don't seize it... we live in a soft police state with fascistic economic tendencies, even local police departments are addicted to theft of private property.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/886593358

I know we're not supposed to post links to ongoing auctions, but this is not an auction, it's cheap advertising at Gunbroker's expense. The gun will sell in a side deal. You'll know that has happened when there's an "ended" banner over the single photo.

If I was in the market for such a gun, I'd call OOW, reach a deal, put down a refundable deposit, and then jump on a plane to go have a look. I'd bring money.

They seem to be a reputable company, at least their return policy is very good. I bought a CE41 from them and they were willing to give me an inspection period / full refund if its not as advertised
I will update with how the experience goes, fingers crossed
Theres no way this would sell on GB. This is for some rich collector to see and reach out.

edit: looks like they might have already reached out just noticed it was ended

Last edited:
I never knew Bob had one of these. Rock Island sold one of the others about five years ago, for $299,000.00. "Course it had the bayonet and ZF4 too...

Richie

I never knew Bob had one of these. Rock Island sold one of the others about five years ago, for $299,000.00. "Course it had the bayonet and ZF4 too...Richie

Possibly a consignment piece. I recall the time B.L. and I went to the O.G.C.A. then headed to Mobile, Al. to pick up a Class III collection and onto the big Houston Astrodome show that coming weekend. This was around 1986 and remember two Fg42s which were already transferred and going to a new home in Texas. There was both a first and second model, with them priced at (best as I can recall) $15K & $12K respectively. It was a most interesting adventure and would take too much time to relate fully. However, I can see it as if it was only yesterday, when Bob's Chevy Suburban blew a rear tire on I-10 (we had already lost a full day in Birmingham to replace the transmission and install a oiler cooler two days earlier) as we were crossing a bayou in Louisiana. To get to that tire, nearly all the MGs had to come out, and so were lined up against the guardrail for all the world to see. I envisioned some Sheriff driving by, slamming on his brakes, jumping out of his cruiser, and saying (ala "Cool Hand Luke") "You boys be in a heap of trouble!"

Last edited:
Fg42

Bob picked this up as part of a large collection that came into the shop.
There were some other very cool class 3 stuff in the group as well.

Possibly a consignment piece. I recall the time B.L. and I went to the O.G.C.A. then headed to Mobile, Al. to pick up a Class III collection and onto the big Houston Astrodome show that coming weekend. This was around 1986 and remember two Fg42s which were already transferred and going to a new home in Texas. There was both a first and second model, with them priced at (best as I can recall) $15K & $12K respectively. It was a most interesting adventure and would take too much time to relate fully. However, I can see it as if it was only yesterday, when Bob's Chevy Suburban blew a rear tire on I-10 (we had already lost a full day in Birmingham to replace the transmission and install a oiler cooler two days earlier) as we were crossing a bayou in Louisiana. To get to that tire, nearly all the MGs had to come out, and so were lined up against the guardrail for all the world to see. I envisioned some Sheriff driving by, slamming on his brakes, jumping out of his cruiser, and saying (ala "Cool Hand Luke") "You boys be in a heap of trouble!"

That's gotta be one of the coolest stories I've heard in years!

Richie

That's gotta be one of the coolest stories I've heard in years!Richie

We ended up stopping the first night in Birmingham, Al. because by the time we reached it, the tranny in the Suburban was slipping so bad, we were lucky to be making 20 mph on I-41. Bob just barely made it to a nearby hotel to get a room for the night. A pair of "salt & pepper" hotel clerks (whom both appeared to be "lite in the loafers" provided one. Bob then backed the Chevy into a chain link fence for the night. However, before heading to the room, he set the auto alarm...a USGI CS grenade (looks like the smoke grenade) which, after closing the driver door, was wedged between it and side of the front seat. After aligning the handle just right, he pulled the pin and said "If you see me heading for this door in the morning instead of the side door first, tackle me!. The icing on the cake was when I exited the room to get some ice and upon my return got a "come-on" look from a not unattractive African-American hooker whom was doin' the stroll. In the morning we headed to a AAMCO transmission place where we spent the day waiting for the tranny to be repaired. Not to miss an opportunity, Bob was later heard discussing details and legalities with one of the mechanics to whom he was trying to sell a MAC 10...

Last edited:
Really humbles you and puts you in your place in this food chain when you see people dropping 250k for a single firearm.

We ended up stopping the first night in Birmingham, Al. because by the time we reached it, the tranny in the Suburban was slipping so bad, we were lucky to be making 20 mph on I-41. Bob just barely made it to a nearby hotel to get a room for the night. A pair of "salt & pepper" hotel clerks (whom both appeared to be "lite in the loafers" provided one. Bob then backed the Chevy into a chain link fence for the night. However, before heading to the room, he set the auto alarm...a USGI CS grenade (looks like the smoke grenade) which, after closing the driver door, was wedged between it and side of the front seat. After aligning the handle just right, he pulled the pin and said "If you see me heading for this door in the morning instead of the side door first, tackle me!. The icing on the cake was when I exited the room to get some ice and upon my return got a "come-on" look from a not unattractive African-American hooker whom was doin' the stroll. In the morning we headed to a AAMCO transmission place where we spent the day waiting for the tranny to be repaired. Not to miss an opportunity, Bob was later heard discussing details and legalities with one of the mechanics to whom he was trying to sell a MAC 10...

Hahahahaha! Oh, that's TOO much! What a story!

Richie

Military Rifle Journal
Back