Third Party Press

MP-44 kit buyer beware

sprat

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/887186692

I know we are not suppose to post auctions, but this is a warning

I did business with this individual years ago, he sold me a IMA kit with aluminum receiver, I bought the kit for spare parts, when it came ( 3 weeks after I bought it) I put it away, a year later I pulled it apart to start taking parts off

this guy switched out Shoei parts and air soft parts for the originals oh he claimed it has a good barrel, when I removed the handguard the barrel had been demilled. it was hard to tell when in the alum receiver.

buyer beware

Last edited:
I'd have been furious!

I once bought a Shoei from a prop-house that had an authentic WW2 lower and hand guard on it, but I was ok with that - !

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/887186692

I know we are not suppose to post auctions, but this is a warning

I did business with this individual years ago, he sold me a IMA kit with aluminum receiver, I bought the kit for spare parts, when it came ( 3 weeks after I bought it) I put it away, a year later I pulled it apart to start taking parts off

this guy switched out Shoei parts and air soft parts for the originals oh he claimed it has a good barrel, when I removed the handguard the barrel had been demilled. it was hard to tell when in the alum receiver. his guy is a scumbag

buyer beware

Last edited:
Hi guys,

I'm the seller of this auction. Anyways, I used to come around here a bit, but have been in Europe the last few years (and probably will be for a while), so I thought I'd sell off some stuff.

I don't recall ever dealing with you, Sprat? I've sold several MP44 kits on gunbroker over the years, but the only aluminum block one I ever sold was on gunboards, and that must've been... 5 years ago or so now? Anyways, I'd need to dig into my old emails and stuff to see what I have on it, although I know that I didn't change (or knowingly misrepresent) anything on it, and the buyer never messaged me or anything that he was dissatisfied? That was certainly before I'd ever handled anything else MP44, but I know that I didn't intentionally mess with anything, if something was wrong with it.

I've sold several complete MP44 kits on gunbroker over the last several years, and have always advertised them properly and sold them happily. Are you possibly mistaking me for someone else?

Likewise, if anyone wants more photos, more information, etc. on this one, don't hesitate to reach out to me (here or on gunbroker), it came from a forum member several years ago if I remember correctly.

I dug through my old email and found the chain from the aluminum MP44 I sold on gunboards, in 2014. If that was you, Sprat (under a different name on that forum), PM me. I don't want to post names/email addresses here for obvious reasons.

I stand somewhat corrected, I should have never used the term "Scumbag" that belittles my character, In fact I am the person to blame. I should have thoroughly examined the dummy gun kit before I put in storage

the dummy was not boxed correctly and the dummy came 3 weeks or more after, I had to contact you over and over,

the only good part was the lower, (but it had repro grips on it) the gas block and front sight tower, (the muzzle nut looked new ) were original but they were to hard to removed

IMA kits/dummy guns did not come with after market ( repro ) magazine catches, repro rear sights, buttstocks,

no this dummy gun was stripped of its original parts and substituted with repo parts purposely and intentionally

as Dennis used to say Dummy guns are for dummies and I was one regarding this deal.

Hi Sprat,

If you'd like to talk via PM, we can. I found the old email chain, and, for a start, it got to you 9 days after I got the payment (9/24/14, when I got the payment 9/15). There wasn't any "contacting me over and over"... and I have the emails to back this up. I don't remember how it was packaged, but it didn't seem to be any issue?

To be completely honest, I don't think it even crossed my mind back then to check the barrel, seeing as I'd never even dealt with MP44 stuff (let alone dummy guns) by that point. So I'm not going to doubt you on that. I also don't know what other parts were bad on it, but none of them were changed out be me during the brief time I had it. Again, it's possible there were repro parts on it, but I did my best to photograph it when I sold it from what I can recall, and I don't think you ever asked for details or other pictures, just a quick "I'll take it". I will gladly admit that it IS possible there were repro parts on it, and I don't have an ego big enough to deny that I definitely didn't have the knowledge with sturmgewehrs back then.

Anyways, though, at the time you had no problems with it and I never heard from you again.... until 6 years later? :googlie I'll gladly admit, especially if you have photos, that it's possible repro parts slipped past me because of a lack of knowledge at the time, but I don't really understand these accusations, especially with the shipping, when you seemed quite content with it at the time and never once contacted me until now?

Last edited:
Don’t want to hijack the thread, however do you have any spare parts for mp44’s you are interested in selling? I don’t use gunbroker because I hate the platform.

Don’t want to hijack the thread, however do you have any spare parts for mp44’s you are interested in selling? I don’t use gunbroker because I hate the platform.

Sadly not; I'm not a builder, only a collector, so all that I've got that I'm selling for now is the kit on gb

Most People
I have plenty of spare parts, in fact, I just helped out a member here and the wizard, but in the words of the soup nazi "NONE FOR YOU" it pays to be nice to fellow members,

lssah1994

yes after 6 years, when the dummy rifle/parts kit arrived, it was my fault not to realize these parts were fake. After 1-3 year period the dummy was in storage. (I now longer live at that address) it was too late to go back to you, I took it like a man. I felt a need to warn fellow members, we do this every day here.

My first reply if I were you, would have been, how do I make this right, not two posts of excuses. Yes it is possible you bought that dummy/parts kit from someone else that way, all the same it did not have parts that equaled the cost for this vaulted dummy/parts kit.

so I got stuck with a fake stock w/ fake hardware/ screws including the ferrule, magazine catch assembly,, complete rear sight block with fake screws, demilled barrel, repro grips.

I do not want contact with you, and I don't expect or want compensation, for me it a lesson learn. I learned another lesson, I should not have called you a name or anyone for that matter.

good luck with you GB post there are plenty of guys with more money than brains, you should be able to sell it

Most People
I have plenty of spare parts, in fact, I just helped out a member here and the wizard, but in the words of the soup nazi "NONE FOR YOU" it pays to be nice to fellow members,

lssah1994

yes after 6 years, when the dummy rifle/parts kit arrived, it was my fault not to realize these parts were fake. After 1-3 year period the dummy was in storage. (I now longer live at that address) it was too late to go back to you, I took it like a man. I felt a need to warn fellow members, we do this every day here.

My first reply if I were you, would have been, how do I make this right, not two posts of excuses. Yes it is possible you bought that dummy/parts kit from someone else that way, all the same it did not have parts that equaled the cost for this vaulted dummy/parts kit.

so I got stuck with a fake stock w/ fake hardware/ screws including the ferrule, magazine catch assembly,, complete rear sight block with fake screws, demilled barrel, repro grips.

I do not want contact with you, and I don't expect or want compensation, for me it a lesson learn. I learned another lesson, I should not have called you a name or anyone for that matter.

good luck with you GB post there are plenty of guys with more money than brains, you should be able to sell it

I've offered to try to work with you to make it right; hence why my first comment said for you to PM me.

I'm not making excuses, but admitting that I could have mistaken it for being more original than it was. I DON'T appreciate being accused of dishonesty, though, especially out of nowhere. Again.... I'm more than willing to try to work something out, if you want to.

Last edited:
I retracted my comment from my original posted and said twice I should not have used that term, I think that's enough. So your pissed now, I have been bloody pissed off about this for 2-3 years. I could not have gone back to you 2-3 yrs after the fact, that would have been crazy, plus I would not expected you to honor that. so I moved on, learn a important lesson

I remembered the town next to you, I mentioned that when we first contacted each other. I lost all of your contact info

I am not interested in a monetary exchange, I want/wanted the parts. I paid top dollar for that dummy rifle/kit, in fact they go for that amount now, after 5 years plus years

The parts that disappointed me the most were the buttstock & barrel, these items are unobtainable/ hard to come by. Since you do not have a spare barrel or buttstock, there is no way to make it right. I had to buy another buttstock 2 yrs ago and barrel which is being worked on now

There a plenty of guys looking for kits, so you should not have any problems selling the kit.

my last post

Military Rifle Journal
Back