Third Party Press

Can anyone tell me what this is

oldmannow

A friend of mine bought this in an estate sale. I've tried to find out what this is. Can anyone help?

Attachments

• 20201214_171320.jpg
    20201214_171320.jpg
    297.7 KB · Views: 191
  • 20201214_171339.jpg
    20201214_171339.jpg
    285.3 KB · Views: 161
  • 20201214_171355.jpg
    20201214_171355.jpg
    296.2 KB · Views: 155
  • 20201214_171421.jpg
    20201214_171421.jpg
    287.6 KB · Views: 147
  • 20201214_171458.jpg
    20201214_171458.jpg
    295.2 KB · Views: 134
No doubt. Looks more like part of a machine for manufacturing, some kind of valve for some process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The estate sale he got this from had a bunch of militaria. I didn't know if it was German or American or any body else. I didn't know where to put this inquiry. I'm sorry if it caused confusion.
Just as a side note the brass ball seams like it's a cocking lever. My friend had pulled that back and seamed like it cocked it. Before he did that the glass part in the front was sticking out.
There is also some remains of some type of powder in the glass portion.

I know there is a bunch of knowledgeable guys here just thought someone would know what this thing is.:hail:

The estate sale he got this from had a bunch of militaria. I didn't know if it was German or American or any body else. I didn't know where to put this inquiry. I'm sorry if it caused confusion.
Just as a side note the brass ball seams like it's a cocking lever. My friend had pulled that back and seamed like it cocked it. Before he did that the glass part in the front was sticking out.
There is also some remains of some type of powder in the glass portion.

I know there is a bunch of knowledgeable guys here just thought someone would know what this thing is.:hail:

Looks vaguely like an ordnance component. If so, then should be marked with part numbers or inspection markings of some kind regardless of country or origin.

Some wild speculation: Solinoid? Do the threaded rods look like electrical connectors? The glass ring an insulator? Another thought is that it is some kind if ignitor maybe for a rocket? The small probes on the face distribute current to an initiator charge?

I looked this thing over everywhere with a magnifying glass. There is not a mark, letters nothing on it. I don't think the two studs have anything to do with electric, both are welded to the case. It may remain a mystery.

I do appreciate. Thanks

It's the starboard thruster valve for the Messeschmidt "Siegfried 3000" rocket engine that powered the WW2 German "Valkuere" inter-planetary space ship that they used to transport the plasma magma laser gun to their secret moon base.

Be careful showing that photo around - that technology and program are still classified as "top secret" and the last guy who found one, while mushroom hunting in the woods outside of Unterweilheim, Bavaria, disappeared mysteriously when a group of "men in black" pulled up to his home in an all black Maybach sedan with NATO license plates.

It's the starboard thruster valve for the Messeschmidt "Siegfried 3000" rocket engine that powered the WW2 German "Valkuere" inter-planetary space ship that they used to transport the plasma magma laser gun to their secret moon base.

Be careful showing that photo around - that technology and program are still classified as "top secret" and the last guy who found one, while mushroom hunting in the woods outside of Unterweilheim, Bavaria, disappeared mysteriously when a group of "men in black" pulled up to his home in an all black Maybach sedan with NATO license plates.
I read somewhere that Hitler used the Me.S. 3k to escape from Berlin.

Last edited:

This. :happy0180:

This. I thought I was the only person sworn to secrecy to never reveal what this was. Now that the cat's out the bag, I can confirm it.

Beyond doubt, this is Hitler's "Wunderwaffe", the Miracle Weapon that was to change the tides of war for Germany. The knob on the cocking handle is made of gold stolen from indigenous South American tribes. He who discovered this artifact also knows the final location of the Nazi gold train and the Prussian Amber Room.
Whoever owns this device should be very careful, especially when dealing with Latin American individuals who grew up as boys in Brazil.

at 1st I was hoping it was an electric igniter for the 8.8cm gun in a
Pzkw VI, but NOT!!
then I thought perhaps a device designed to pierce holes in a silk powder bag, as used in large artillery pieces, but the lack of eagles & WAas......

I could see it being used to add small amounts of some powdered element to a batch heat treat furnace, would help to know what the powder is/was.........wonder if glass part may of borosilcate, or have any markings?

That was my thought from the beginning. I KNEW it had something to do with rockets.:biggrin1:

Way off topic but...

Nice profile pic! Fourth gen fbodys have always been my pick for cheap fun. I'm on my fourth one now, a 1998 WS6.

Attachments

• 131984179_3564239673625455_4996070225758463668_n.jpg
    131984179_3564239673625455_4996070225758463668_n.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 28
My conclusion

I'm surprised nobody spoke up about this sooner.
I hate to burst everyone's bubble, but it's actually an over-engineered salt shaker.
It was made to attach to a 75mm PAK 40, because in the mornings I want my Eier mit Speck!!!
Prost!!! :happy0180:

And otherwise it's a dispenser of powdered sugar for my Belgian waffles!

Military Rifle Journal
Back