Third Party Press

Interarms P38 Imports

hopdevil516

Hi,

I'm looking for a rough time frame (years) when these Post war P38 Pistols in this box would have been imported.

Thanks

If it helps, these were advertised in the late 80’s in shotgun news, along with the svw French ones sold in similar boxes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just asked a buddy of mine and he said early 80s with the P-1s coming in late 80s. He guessed the P38s could have come in as early as late 70s, but was certain about buying them in the 80s. He bought a ton of these in person from Interarms. He suggests that you check out the book "Deadly Business" by Sam Cummings. It is about Interarms.

There is member on Walther forum's who worked the
for years think his name is mgmike

If I wanted to know about P-38's
Especially post war I would be on that site , asking your questions

I had one, not in the box, but a WG P-1 import in at least early 1985. Might have even been late '84, but it could not have been later than that because I was still in high school when I got it in a trade (a really stupid trade on my part that I still regret 35 years later, but that's another story).

Still have mine, in the box shown. Can't remember when I bought it. It came with a well-used holster and a spare mag, all with 1960s dates. All serial numbers match. The barrel assembly appears to have been refurbished with the installation of a rifled barrel liner. It's a great job and you have to look very closely to see evidence of it.

dates on P1

I have a P1 that looks like it came in the box shown by the OP in the 1st post. mine has an eagle N proof w/date 9/64 on rt side of slide, and ‘68 antler’ near the trigger guard on the left (antler =Ulm proof house, IIRC) I haven’t seen any import marks, other than “made in w. germany”, when did the GCA marking start? It sure looks like a lightly used police pistol, 1 mag marked walther P1, black plastic grips, most wear is on mag release. Oh, aluminum framed. (sorry no pixof this yet)

Military Rifle Journal
Back