Third Party Press

Legacy high turret

No comments tells you that people don't want attention drawn to it.

I would want to see a few more pictures but I like what I see. Price is a little high for a scope mismatch IMO.

I agree with all of the above comments. I also came to the same conclusion by the surprising lack of responses. I think that the price is very much in the park considering the MM scope assembly.

I'm not really surprised at the price - typical for that seller. Basically doesn't look wrong, but at that price range you should be able to get something better. Amoskeag Auction recently sold a scope matching rifle at less money than the asking price for this scope mismatching rifle. So to summarize it: you're not getting a fake, but if you are willing to pay a 100% premium for that you have to answer yourself.

I'm not really surprised at the price - typical for that seller. Basically doesn't look wrong, but at that price range you should be able to get something better. Amoskeag Auction recently sold a scope matching rifle at less money than the asking price for this scope mismatching rifle. So to summarize it: you're not getting a fake, but if you are willing to pay a 100% premium for that you have to answer yourself.

Can you provide a link to the completed auction?

It has stock issues, a likely added Steyr hood, a rare grasping groove wrist (joking) that’s an issue. Just enough things to make it “meh”, for the price. The BP gives me a funny feeling, either over cleaned or added to this stock or something.

Can you provide a link to the completed auction?

Of course, here you are: https://live.amoskeagauction.com/m/lot-details/index/catalog/54/lot/29028?url=/m/my-items/all
Sold at $ 11,162 - compared to $ 12,500 that legacy is asking for the scope mismatching rifle this thread is about.

They also had a second scope matching K98k sniper rifle in the auction, but the second rifle had a force matched stock: https://live.amoskeagauction.com/m/lot-details/index/catalog/54/lot/29091?url=/m/my-items/all

High Turret

Georg, I was the buyer on the optics matched 'l' block turret from Amoskeag.
When I get a chance will do a full photo spread.

Georg, I was the buyer on the optics matched 'l' block turret from Amoskeag.
When I get a chance will do a full photo spread.

Great - congratulations to the purchase! Highly looking forward to the pictures.

I bought another sniper from that auction, as well as a few scopes they had in the silent auction. There were some true bargains in there.

I can't afford to play in this sandbox anymore. Until recently, I considered myself to be "comfortable" or even well-to-do. Obviously not.

Military Rifle Journal
Back