Third Party Press

Help with G43 muzzle thread size

lilallie

I have a matching not sanded G43 in my collection. ac44 f block
that has in the past had the muzzle fine thread cut for a likely blank adapter.
But luckily it’s cut very shallow.
So I’m Lookin at the possibility of “over cutting” the fine threads with the original course thread size for a muzzle nut.

* So I’m lookin to see if anyone knows the original thread size or if it’s an uncommon size proprietary to the
G43. (I’m thinkin that this is highly probable ).

My rifle is Mfg June 44 in the f block so out of the range for having a nut originally and also no provision for a plunger on the front sight. but if I can get a nut to fit, I can at least cover up those fine threads and rehab it a little at the muzzle. Not correct but will be better than the fine threads.
My second choice option is to mfg a muzzle nut utilizing the fine thread that’s cut in the muzzle now.

Thanks for any assistance.

Steveo

Attachments

• 58AC2C76-4BE4-4ACE-A33A-0D97682815FD.jpg
    58AC2C76-4BE4-4ACE-A33A-0D97682815FD.jpg
    338 KB · Views: 33
Maybe contact these guys and see if that was their adapter?

https://www.atlanticwallblanks.com/G43-RIFLE-BLANK-ADAPTER_p_445.html

Would it be easier to get another adapter and have it machined open?

My guess is that this adapter is made to fit G43 muzzles that were threaded at the factory. And boring out another adapter would make its minor diameter oversize. In other words, the inside diameter would be then be too large for a matching thread.

In all likelihood, you'll have to determine the major diameter and pitch of the existing thread, and have a special adapter made.

Richie

Thanks for the ideas.
Yea I can make another sleeve to go over the outside.

I have over cut threads before to change them on projects but not on a rifle.

I have a matching not sanded G43 in my collection. ac44 f block
that has in the past had the muzzle fine thread cut for a likely blank adapter.
But luckily it’s cut very shallow.
So I’m Lookin at the possibility of “over cutting” the fine threads with the original course thread size for a muzzle nut.

* So I’m lookin to see if anyone knows the original thread size or if it’s an uncommon size proprietary to the
G43. (I’m thinkin that this is highly probable ).

My rifle is Mfg June 44 in the f block so out of the range for having a nut originally and also no provision for a plunger on the front sight. but if I can get a nut to fit, I can at least cover up those fine threads and rehab it a little at the muzzle. Not correct but will be better than the fine threads.
My second choice option is to mfg a muzzle nut utilizing the fine thread that’s cut in the muzzle now.

Thanks for any assistance.

Steveo

I just measured the muzzle thread on mine,an AC44, 14mm fine thread,1.5mm pitch (m14x1.5)

Military Rifle Journal
Back