Third Party Press

Here's one to watch... byf 44 I think??

Thanks for the heads up. I always check out “for sale” K98’s mainly for the education and second hoping for the deal of the century.
Used to play the bidding game and get all excited trying to get a good and cheap K98 but learned to, besides checking up on it, not to bid or follow it real close to the last hour. That’s when all the money and action starts. If it’s already real high near the end I disregard it.

And should (with the million K98 variables in play) a BYF 44b have the “hole in the butt stock” takedown disc? Thought those, generally, were a little latter.

Woah that buttplate is a super rare one! Himmler must have stamped it himself.

Stock looks like a postwar czech piece. They didnt even try to make this one believable.

John.

Holy shite.... sometimes I just want to reach out and strangle these people.... both the the seller and the bidders. Absolutely everything about this rifle is fake.

I quite like the waffs on the stock. What you guys might not know is that by ‘44 the waff teams at Mauser Oberndorf were being manned by four year olds using pencils. All sorts of crazy stuff happened late in the war!

I quite like the waffs on the stock. What you guys might not know is that by ‘44 the waff teams at Mauser Oberndorf were being manned by four year olds using pencils. All sorts of crazy stuff happened late in the war!

And they were all slave labor, forced to exist on nothing but Moon Pies and RC Cola........

Attachments

• il_794xN.2107402314_q0fo.jpg
    il_794xN.2107402314_q0fo.jpg
    186.8 KB · Views: 33
f6e5a4b7dcc76fcc48cffb508648a084.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is one of the worst in a long while. At the Humperland Depot this was either a Monday or a Friday gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In a effort to expand my K98 knowledge what makes you say this?

If you see a semi kriegsmodell style stock with no take down disk, but still has the bayo lug and standard style band layout then its most likely post war czech. As thats the style they most commonly used. Stocks like that did exist during the war and were made by the germans but they are exceptionally rare. That style of stock was also never used on any Mauser Oberndorf guns during the war, atleast that I know of. (apparently some do exist, whoops! haha)

John.

Last edited:

Military Rifle Journal
Back