Third Party Press

Here's one to watch... byf 44 I think??

John, one small note, Oberndorf actually did produce stocks in this configuration during the war, they are not common at all though. I have seen exactly four ever, and I actually traded a loose one on this forum last year. This obviously is not an example of one though! Haha

Obviously none of you are ADVANCED 4th Reich Kollectors, otherwise the rarity of this unique, glorious, & magnificent piece of history would cause unbridled heart palpations among you.......:googlie

John, one small note, Oberndorf actually did produce stocks in this configuration during the war, they are not common at all though. I have seen exactly four ever, and I actually traded a loose one on this forum last year. This obviously is not an example of one though! Haha

Im glad I added a disclaimer that I may not know what im talking about! haha. Thanks for the correction. Another elusive example to keep a eye out for.

John.

If you see a semi kriegsmodell style stock with no take down disk, but still has the bayo lug and standard style band layout then its most likely post war czech. As thats the style they most commonly used. Stocks like that did exist during the war and were made by the germans but they are exceptionally rare. That style of stock was also never used on any Mauser Oberndorf guns during the war, atleast that I know of. (apparently some do exist, whoops! haha)

John.

Thank you!

And should (with the million K98 variables in play) a BYF 44b have the “hole in the butt stock” takedown disc? Thought those, generally, were a little latter.

To answer your question, no. A byf 44 b block would have the takedown disc in the stock. I agree with an earlier post, I think the stock is post war. Doesn't really matter as almost everything on the
rifle has been altered.

Im glad I added a disclaimer that I may not know what im talking about! haha. Thanks for the correction. Another elusive example to keep a eye out for.

John.

No problem John, one popped up at SOS two years ago and there were a number of guys that had never seen one, they definitely are elusive!

It’s a rare stock configuration for Mauser, usually show up in n block, L block and no letter byf45. It’s a transition to full Kriegsmodell and for late guns only. This gun is a disaster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anyone interested in side action on where it ends up? bragging rights for the next louisville meeting in 2022 when covid is gone.

1idY0wG.gif

Wait, so is he the seller here? He was also a member of the forums or still is?

I think he was alluding to Hercules the mythical strongman, not the forum member based on how he pounded the numbers in Drago style.

Military Rifle Journal
Back