Third Party Press

Forum Cleanup

mrfarb

No War Eagles For You!
Staff member
Doing some cleanup on the forum to free up space. Andrew has been keeping up with the trader (our goal for the trader is nothing older than 365 days, may do that for other fluid/non archival areas of the forum to 30 days), but I have to trim the fat on other useless parts of the forum as well, namely some large PDF's. Most of what is going hasn't been viewed in years, or if it has been viewed it's bots or Google searches which we don't need to pay to store. The new year will probably lead to a new forum software update, nothing will be done until I decide on WHAT to do and HOW to do it, the main objective is to keep all of the useful info we have. The forum is long in the tooth and full of really useless photos, pics from people who drove by and posted pics of some rifle they might be buying, then leaving without cleaning up. Those are nearly impossible to find and delete without going through every post, which is nearly impossible.

The VBulletin software hasn't had security updates in a long time, its a matter of time before that becomes an issue. More updates on that later. What I'll do it post some example forums to see what everyone likes, to give the perception that you have a choice, then choose what I want.

Ok, that's not true, but its funny.:laugh:

Could we save all the .pdfs to a cloud storage/drop box type service? Put a link in sticky section. I'm assuming if they were posted, it was for good reason.

Ok, I’ll show examples tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

..What I'll do it post some example forums to see what everyone likes, to give the perception that you have a choice, then choose what I want.

That's some funny shite man. I'm sure a cleanup is probably WAAY overdue... and that alone makes it hard

Military Rifle Journal
Back