Third Party Press

Thread: Simson Kar98b Turd on GB

Default Simson Kar98b Turd on GB

Hi all,

I wanted to post this for the record. It's at least honestly marketed (seller walks through the faults)

The rifle looks like an Albanian import that some scoundrel dolled up. The most egregious issues are:

-Faked numbers on e/135 bolt
    -Faked triggerguard/floorplate (inspection removed)
    -Scrubbed buttplate
    -Faked front band

Other parts (rear sight, stock) are m/m but don't appear humped.

This one is a pretty low brow fake, but I've seen new collectors taken by worse. The fakery is inconsistent and clearly was not done by someone with even a cursory knowledge of interwar markings. Given the scarcity of these, I figured fakes would show up...

Again, the seller is marketing honestly and not trying to in any way rag on him. I just wanted this rifle noted in case someone less scrupulous sells it later.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Obviously a rare 4th Reich piece....

It's a rare occasion that we have an honest seller. If you could buy it reasonably perhaps you could hunt down the correct parts. It appears to be a "B" stock, and if so that puts you way ahead of the game if you want a representative piece.

Its definitely from the Albanian horde imported 30 years ago. I had quite a few from that batch, maybe 25 or so total and this is exactly the same. Just swap the boinkered parts with even Imperial/early NS era parts and its a standard representative 98b like most that pop up. Its a shame someone applied the grinder and some cheap stamps to good parts, but at least their still fully functional. $850 with a bayo is a decent price.

You're spot on about what a tragedy it is that so many great parts are destroyed by humpers.