Third Party Press

WSS Sniper Period Pic

Hambone

Community Organizer
Staff member
on epay.......interesting I thought.....

Attachments

• WSS Sniper 1.JPG
    WSS Sniper 1.JPG
    74.7 KB · Views: 256
  • WSS Sniper 2.JPG
    WSS Sniper 2.JPG
    38.1 KB · Views: 140
I love it Ham. It's because of pictures like this that I started collecting grenades to go with my sniper rifles. Thanks for posting.

A sniper picture on eBay that Dave didn't bought .. he must be ill!

Some observations (that I assume most had made themselves, but just to have it mentioned): flat buttplate, appears solid and not laminate, scope with focal adjustment, straight half ring soldered to the rear with spreaded apart feet at the front. Mount obviously saddle mount, as it should be. Safety of the rifle appears fully engaged, so surely must had been a staged picture. Plus I guess a sniper would not use grenades...

The scope surely must be a Dialytan 4x mounted by Greifelt & Co of Suhl, they look exactly this way!

A sniper picture on eBay that Dave didn't bought .. he must be ill!

Some observations (that I assume most had made themselves, but just to have it mentioned): flat buttplate, appears solid and not laminate, scope with focal adjustment, straight half ring soldered to the rear with spreaded apart feet at the front. Mount obviously saddle mount, as it should be. Safety of the rifle appears fully engaged, so surely must had been a staged picture. Plus I guess a sniper would not use grenades...

The scope surely must be a Dialytan 4x mounted by Greifelt & Co of Suhl, they look exactly this way!

Georg
When I saw this thread and saw that I had not seen the photo , I did become violently ill and actual :barf: in my mouth . I could not believe I missed this photo . The Scope and Mounts are exactly what You mention .

Well the wording used indicates the picture is still up for sale, so you may cure yourself by buying it!

Well the wording used indicates the picture is still up for sale, so you may cure yourself by buying it!

The wording may indicate that , but You can trust me , when I say me and another person have spent a good amount of time searching and have not been able to find it in any ongoing or sold/ended auction listing .

Last edited:
Did you ask Hambone for the link to it? Obviously he must had seen it..

Yes of corse , but Ham was not sure if it was correct seller in the link that he sent me . I contacted said seller and he replied not his photo . I know with 100% certainty it was not listed on Ebay !!!!

Yes of corse , but Ham was not sure if it was correct seller in the link that he sent me . I contacted said seller and he replied not his photo . I know with 100% certainty it was not listed on Ebay !!!!

You sure Ham didn't just dangle it in front of you, make you search hours for it, only to have already snatched it for himself? :laugh:

I tried several Boolean and reverse image searches and nothing is coming up. Checked the metadata and it looks like it was altered... only data is "Craig" which could have changed if the image was edited from it's original to post on the forums thus making an automated image search harder.

You sure Ham didn't just dangle it in front of you, make you search hours for it, only to have already snatched it for himself? :laugh:

I tried several Boolean and reverse image searches and nothing is coming up. Checked the metadata and it looks like it was altered... only data is "Craig" which could have changed if the image was edited from it's original to post on the forums thus making an automated image search harder.

I am POSITIVE that Craig did not Scam/Set me , just to have me search for hours and come up empty handed .

I am the ultimate Techno Tard ask Mike , Matt or Bruce and they will verify this . Still I was determined to find that photo and I have been searching for basically the past 3 nights and Friday morning around 3:30 am after searching for close to 3 1/2 to 4 hrs , I decided to try one more very specific search before I gave up and success , I found the photo it was still for sale and I bought it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awesome Dave!

Glad such a cool photo found its way into your hands. If you have a flatbed scanner, you'll have to scan it so we can see it better. Where did you end up finding it?

Awesome Dave!

Glad such a cool photo found its way into your hands. If you have a flatbed scanner, you'll have to scan it so we can see it better. Where did you end up finding it?

I will only say this , somewhere Overseas !!!!!!

I am the ultimate Techno Tard ask Mike , Matt or Bruce and they will verify this . Still I was determined to find that photo and I have been searching for basically the past 3 nights and Friday morning around 3:30 am after searching for close to 3 1/2 to 4 hrs , I decided to try one more very specific search before I gave up and success , I found the photo it was still for sale and I bought it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He really was sick and desperately trying to find it :laugh:

PS: Glad to know I'm not the only one when it comes to things like this... :googlie

Military Rifle Journal
Back