Third Party Press

LSR Scope, Mount, Matching Can & Strap

Erniesq

Not in the best of shape, and sadly no accessories, but it's the first set I've ever owned - observations and comments welcome. Oh, and if anyone has the rifle, we should talk...

Ernie

Attachments

• LSR Scope Rig (9).jpg
    LSR Scope Rig (9).jpg
    296.7 KB · Views: 84
  • LSR Scope Rig (8).jpg
    LSR Scope Rig (8).jpg
    292.7 KB · Views: 150
  • LSR Scope Rig (7).jpg
    LSR Scope Rig (7).jpg
    310.9 KB · Views: 124
  • LSR Scope Rig (11).jpg
    LSR Scope Rig (11).jpg
    290.3 KB · Views: 83
  • LSR Scope Rig (10).jpg
    LSR Scope Rig (10).jpg
    280.4 KB · Views: 86
  • LSR Scope Rig (1).jpg
    LSR Scope Rig (1).jpg
    293.7 KB · Views: 76
  • LSR Scope Rig (2).jpg
    LSR Scope Rig (2).jpg
    304.5 KB · Views: 86
  • LSR Scope Rig (3).jpg
    LSR Scope Rig (3).jpg
    295.1 KB · Views: 81
  • LSR Scope Rig (4).jpg
    LSR Scope Rig (4).jpg
    313.4 KB · Views: 70
  • LSR Scope Rig (5).jpg
    LSR Scope Rig (5).jpg
    258 KB · Views: 70
Sauer LSR

Nice Mount and Can. This is the earliest LSR BMJ I have on my scope serial list. All of the BMJ Scopes I have recorded near 74883 are High Turret Scopes or Single Claw Scopes. This is the earliest or lowest serial BMJ with recoil ring LSR Scope I have seen. Anyone else have any BMJ 4 piece LSR Scopes in this range? Thanks for sharing.

I'd like to point out the miscoloration on the bands. That odd feature seems to be rather common with some of the LSR mounts. Congratulations to owning it - and I hope the matching rifle will turn up and be reunited with its scope and case!

Amazing find !!! love it.. good ole JPS x block . One thing I notice is the shoulder strap and the type of strap and material. Most of the accepted straps differ from this one for sure.. We could do a whole spread on just that strap..:thumbsup:

Looks great Ernie, you can see the hand applied paint glob that was added once the WaA was struck. I’ve never seen those clasps on the carry strap, are there any makers mark on the strap hardware?

Thanks for the responses. Here's a picture of the strap alone - also, and prior to purchasing the rig, this is what caused me to conclude that the strap is an authentic piece:

https://www.ratisbons.com/Auctions-...-sniper-s-scope-container-carrying-strap.html

of course, I fully understand that I could have relied on an auction house's representation that is also wrong.

Ernie

Here are some straps I thought were maybe original.

https://www.k98kforum.com/showthread.php?45239-LSR-Turret-ZF4-and-ect-Scope-Can-Straps

Thanks for the responses. Here's a picture of the strap alone - also, and prior to purchasing the rig, this is what caused me to conclude that the strap is an authentic piece:

https://www.ratisbons.com/Auctions-...-sniper-s-scope-container-carrying-strap.html

of course, I fully understand that I could have relied on an auction house's representation that is also wrong.

Ernie

I would not put a whole lot of clout behind what any auction house says it original.. I put more clout behind a rig that might have been sourced out of the woodwork for a song. If thats how you procured you rig there. There have been some meaningfull discussions in the past on these straps. I think its closed minded to thing they only used one type of strap and one type of material for these straps as other examples of any other type of equipment shows they used different type of clips and strap material. This weave is most often seen on the gas mask straps not really seen on other clip on type equipment straps. But, again there it is and its seems 100% legit matched up with the can.

Last edited:
Wonderful rig. I am envious. I have an X block rifle but lower serial number. Hope the rifle and upper are reunited but I suspect the chances are low. Good luck.

Military Rifle Journal
Back