Third Party Press

cant remember if I ever did an introduction...

Nummys

just here trying to educate myself and prevent myself from getting ripped off...

seems almost better to buy a rifle sold as "assembled" from various others than dodging all the fake captures.

It’s not a bad idea to start with a restored sporter. You can find them, but another option is to buy off of the trader here. We look at listings to make sure they aren’t humped up- we don’t comment on whether stocks are sanded, pricing or condition issues, that’s the buyers responsibility, but you won’t get a fake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

we don’t comment on whether stocks are sanded, pricing or condition issues

I often see posts on these very points Farb, and I've similarly commented as well. Being relatively new, are there certain ground rules that I've neglected to comply with?

Richie

I often see posts on these very points Farb, and I've similarly commented as well. Being relatively new, are there certain ground rules that I've neglected to comply with?

Richie

No, when I say “we” I’m speaking of the mod team. We encourage open discussions of for sale threads, unlike Gunboards.

If a buyer asks in a for sale thread if a stock is sanded I for sure will chime in. But, I don’t feel it’s our responsibility as a forum to comment on condition issues. There are collectors who don’t care about things like that where others might. So, we look to make sure fakes aren’t offered. I often see overpriced stuff in our forum, or guns with condition issues sold for high prices which I feel are silly, but I’m not the pricing nazi - but some stuff deserves mention. For example, If someone tried to sell a refinished rifle without stating it, I’ll say something. But if the seller says it’s refinished then he’s being honest, and I don’t need to mention it.

No, when I say “we” I’m speaking of the mod team. We encourage open discussions of for sale threads, unlike Gunboards.

If a buyer asks in a for sale thread if a stock is sanded I for sure will chime in. But, I don’t feel it’s our responsibility as a forum to comment on condition issues. There are collectors who don’t care about things like that where others might. So, we look to make sure fakes aren’t offered. I often see overpriced stuff in our forum, or guns with condition issues sold for high prices which I feel are silly, but I’m not the pricing nazi - but some stuff deserves mention. For example, If someone tried to sell a refinished rifle without stating it, I’ll say something. But if the seller says it’s refinished then he’s being honest, and I don’t need to mention it.

Thanks for clarifying. I enjoy this forum and didn't want to step out line.

giphy.gif

Military Rifle Journal
Back