Third Party Press

How your K43 became a GI bringback

Pretty neat! A lot of G/K.43 bring backs might have been had from the piles, but some were simply found in the factory at Walther, picked up from trucks and rail cars.....and some were simply shipped to the U.S. after the war and imported before the ‘68 Gun Control Act where they escaped import marks.

The soldier kicking the Germans has an HJ knife and an MP40. So, he got his souvenirs.

My guess is that soldier kicking them is a “clerical guy” who has something to prove. I cannot imagine picking through those piles!

Notice how right behind him, the real combatants -- German and American officers -- are having what appears to be a relaxed conference.

And notice that the guys who are actually doing anything useful, and probably saw combat, aren't collecting souvenirs.

The banner reads "For this we thank our Führer!" and what appears to read 405th Infantry. And a "Z" logo. The Z is apparently for the US 102nd Infantry Division, which included the 405th Infantry Regiment. I suspect somebody in the 405th Infantry put that up as a gag for the local populace.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/102nd_Infantry_Division_(United_States)

Apparently a snot-nosed British kid. Probably never saw combat and now he's afraid he never will.

He's gathering background information so he can tell his grandkids how he kicked the Germans' asses in WW2.

In today's American military, that would be treated as a war crime. The kid would be reduced, placed on extra duty and confinement, stripped of all his benefits and kicked out of the military. How times have changed.

That's where my Dad cross when he surrender to the Americans. He was in the HJ with his brother. He told me they buried there weapons before surrendering a MG 34 and a K98in oily rags. I always asked him lets go find them.

SVW1945

Why is that guy kicking them they're clearly moving

one possibility: the kicker is dressed is dressed like a para troop. My dad told me (66th Infantry Div) that on D-Day, German troops captured some paras, tied them to trees & disemboweled them as a warning to following Allied ground troops. I can’t say if this was true, but my father definitely thought so. One of his service friends, (82nd or 101st AB) was named Mueller, they tied him to a tree, but because his name was German, they “only” smashed his face w/a rifle butt. (he survived, disfigured) I’ve seen a photo of the two of them after the war, Mueller’s face was definitely messed up. The kicking para may have been pissed about that, I know I would’vs been!!

note: the 66th didn’t go over on D-Day, they went Christmas Eve, do a search on the Leopoldville sinking if you’d care to know more....

One of his service friends, (82nd or 101st AB) was named Mueller, they tied him to a tree, but because his name was German, they “only” smashed his face w/a rifle butt. (he survived, disfigured) I’ve seen a photo of the two of them after the war, Mueller’s face was definitely messed up.

I would've thought that someone of German lineage, fighting for the Allies, would've gotten it even worse (although I can't think of much worse than being disemboweled!)

many occassions the germans were just confused on why their own kind would fight them. Im surprised they touched him at all and didnt just take him to a pow camp.

Its a bit interesting their response to paratroopers when they had such an infamous group themselves (fallschimjager)

War is hell, & otherwise normal people sometimes do terrible things..........

given the widespread distribution & use of Pervitin (methedrine) tablets to maintain energy & alertness by German troops, very little surprises me. Imagine an ARMY of methheads w/hair-trigger tempers turned loose on the world. Raging paranoia & weapons are a bad combination........

As to descendants of German emigrants fighting against the fatherland, oh how they must have hated having Eisenhower as Allied supreme commander!

given the widespread distribution & use of Pervitin (methedrine) tablets to maintain energy & alertness by German troops, very little surprises me. Imagine an ARMY of methheads w/hair-trigger tempers turned loose on the world. Raging paranoia & weapons are a bad combination........

https://paleofuture.gizmodo.com/nazis-werent-the-only-ones-using-meth-during-world-war-1835829390

Nazis Weren't the Only Ones Using Meth During World War II​

https://allthatsinteresting.com/amphetamine-use-world-war-2

Allied Forces Dosed Their Troops With Amphetamines After Seeing The Nazis Do It, New Doc Claims
After the British discovered the Nazis' meth-like secret weapon in a downed German plane, they decided to develop their own performance-enhancement program.
According to LiveScience, both American and British soldiers boosted their physical alertness using cocaine and Benzedrine, an amphetamine that allowed GIs to make it through grueling, endless hours of exhaustion.​

https://militaryhistorynow.com/2018/05/08/combat-high-a-sobering-history-of-drug-use-in-wartime/
Combat High – How Armies Throughout History Used Drugs to Make Soldiers Fight

Overall, it is estimated that from 1939 to 1945 the German military consumed some 200 million meth pills.

Britain, the U.S. and Japan followed suit, administering amphetamines to their troops. It’s estimated that British soldiers consumed around 72 million Benzedrine amphetamine tablets in World War Two. The drug was distributed largely to pilots, but also to infantrymen. For example, on Oct. 23, 1942 General Bernard Montgomery gave away some 100,000 pills to his Eighth Army before the Second Battle of El Alamein. The British high on speed managed to defeat the Germans, who were laced with meth. The role of uppers in the outcome of this battle remains, however, largely unexplored.

By 1942 Benzedrine tablets (popularly known as “bennies”) were added to emergency kits for American bomber crews and in 1943 the practice was extended to the infantry. About 15 percent of U.S. soldiers regularly took the stimulant. In fact, the Pentagon issued at least 250 million Benzedrine pills to the troops, yet the total number might be as high as 500 million.​

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2016/04/the-drugs-that-built-a-super-soldier/477183/
The Drugs That Built a Super Soldier
During the Vietnam War, the U.S. military plied its servicemen with speed, steroids, and painkillers to help them handle extended combat.​

So... just from the number of pills popped in WW2, it's obvious that... the Allies won the drug war.
:behindsofa:

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2016/04/the-drugs-that-built-a-super-soldier/477183/
The Drugs That Built a Super Soldier
During the Vietnam War, the U.S. military plied its servicemen with speed, steroids, and painkillers to help them handle extended combat.​

Ordinarily I wouldn't trust anything published in The Atlantic, it's an anti-American commie rag.

But in one of my SOG books, either Plaster's "Photo History of the Secret Wars" or Greco's "Running Recon", I remember reading that the Studies & Observation troops had special CIA-issue "super-duper" speed pills available to them.

Richie

Ordinarily I wouldn't trust anything published in The Atlantic, it's an anti-American commie rag.

But in one of my SOG books, either Plaster's "Photo History of the Secret Wars" or Greco's "Running Recon", I remember reading that the Studies & Observation troops had special CIA-issue "super-duper" speed pills available to them.

Richie
The Atlantic is nothing but Leftist shite ....

In country 1968 - 1969, Light Weapons Infantry, 1st Inf. Div., and I NEVER saw any of this shite going on.

Perhaps with some Special Groups, who knows ?????

But it never happened in regular line unit organizations.......

Military Rifle Journal
Back