Third Party Press
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How your K43 became a GI bringback

Quote Originally Posted by DaveDavis View Post
    The Atlantic is nothing but Leftist Shit ....

In country 1968 - 1969, Light Weapons Infantry, 1st Inf. Div., and I NEVER saw any of this shit going on.

Perhaps with some Special Groups, who knows ?????

But it never happened in regular line unit organizations.......
    If I recall correctly Dave, it was mentioned that such drugs were "available" to SOG. They weren't commonly used. In fact, I wouldn't think the leader of an RT would want members of his team on ANY kind of drugs!

Vietnam should've wised Americans up to the lies of the corporate media. They grossly (and criminally!) exaggerated every ill, whether it was drug use, civilian casualties, or the alleged "success" of the Tet offensive. After the war, Giap candidly admitted that the North could've never prevailed if it weren't for the Western news media.

You guys were the best and brightest soldiers that America ever fielded, and for a "Thank you!" you got sh*t on. The same media today sh*ts on our people, their values and the men they elect to office. Then they wipe their collective backside with God's Word and the U.S. Constitution.

You guys got a raw deal. And now, because America never learned to distrust the lying corporate media, we're ALL getting a raw deal.

Richie

Quote Originally Posted by Wernher von Beige View Post

[I][INDENT]Overall, it is estimated that from 1939 to 1945 the German military consumed some 200 million meth pills.

Britain, the U.S. and Japan followed suit, administering amphetamines to their troops. Itís estimated that British soldiers consumed around 72 million Benzedrine amphetamine tablets in World War Two. The drug was distributed largely to pilots, but also to infantrymen. For example, on Oct. 23, 1942 General Bernard Montgomery gave away some 100,000 pills to his Eighth Army before the Second Battle of El Alamein. The British high on speed managed to defeat the Germans, who were laced with meth. The role of uppers in the outcome of this battle remains, however, largely unexplored.
    Here's another take on the battle of El Alamein, from the May 1969 issue of Electronics Illustrated:

"It appears that the peculiar nature of what is now known as CB skip may have cost German General Rommel (the Desert Fox) the battle of North Africa.

"As the story goes, a ham operator in Rhode Island made recordings of strange, foreign-language transmissions he heard every day on 27 Mc. One day he played the discs for a friend who could speak German. The friend quickly realized the broadcasts were part of a vast military communications system of German tanks and base stations. What Allied forces were missing on their rigs was being picked up at a distance of 3,000 miles. When the U.S. Navy was called in, it decided the tanks were Rommel's in North Africa. The Germans were engaged in a notorious cat-and-mouse game with the British.

"Although skip signals were heard on an almost daily basis, they had one baffling quality. They were only readable within a few square miles of Rhode Island territory. Military Intelligence immediately took over a Rhode Island farmhouse and crammed it full of 27 Mc receivers and German translators.

"Every command to Rommel's tanks, every position report, every request for supplies by the Germans was promptly monitored, translated and flashed back to Montgomery, the British general in Africa. The battle of El Alamein may very well have been lost by the Germans because of CB skip!"

Richie

Quote Originally Posted by R.W. Parker View Post
    Here's another take on the battle of El Alamein, from the May 1969 issue of Electronics Illustrated:

"It appears that the peculiar nature of what is now known as CB skip may have cost German General Rommel (the Desert Fox) the battle of North Africa.

"As the story goes, a ham operator in Rhode Island made recordings of strange, foreign-language transmissions he heard every day on 27 Mc. One day he played the discs for a friend who could speak German. The friend quickly realized the broadcasts were part of a vast military communications system of German tanks and base stations. What Allied forces were missing on their rigs was being picked up at a distance of 3,000 miles. When the U.S. Navy was called in, it decided the tanks were Rommel's in North Africa. The Germans were engaged in a notorious cat-and-mouse game with the British.

"Although skip signals were heard on an almost daily basis, they had one baffling quality. They were only readable within a few square miles of Rhode Island territory. Military Intelligence immediately took over a Rhode Island farmhouse and crammed it full of 27 Mc receivers and German translators.

"Every command to Rommel's tanks, every position report, every request for supplies by the Germans was promptly monitored, translated and flashed back to Montgomery, the British general in Africa. The battle of El Alamein may very well have been lost by the Germans because of CB skip!"

Richie
    That's a great story,yes skip can run in strange ways,years ago during high sunspot activity I used to communicate from my car with a short whip antenna on the trunk all over the world,Holland,even Mongolia on 10M,28mhz

One correction though,27 mhz was still a Ham band,did not go to CB until the 1950's

Quote Originally Posted by M1-Garand View Post
    That's a great story,yes skip can run in strange ways,years ago during high sunspot activity I used to communicate from my car with a short whip antenna on the trunk all over the world,Holland,even Mongolia on 10M,28mhz

One correction though,27 mhz was still a Ham band,did not go to CB until the 1950's
    Yep, my old Collins 32V-2 xmtr covers 11m, it was built just after the war.

Many prognosticators are saying the cycle we're presently entering (Cycle 25) will be a re-run of 1957.

I sure hope they're right, because I still need Mongolia on ten!

Richie