Third Party Press

Low Turret sold on gunbroker

Hahaha. Don’t worry, someone named HungTrooper bought it, that isn’t this forum. Probably a Facebook expert.

All of that sellers snipers came from the same place, and all are either outright fakes or heavy restorations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh snap, I see now it got relisted. Wised up or just bid beyond his income. Either way he dodged a bullet.

The bases are WAAAAAAAAAAAAY to clean of any machining marks and the finish is completely different. Morons will be morons. As my Grandfather used to say, "a fool and his money are soon parted".

No expert here, still learning... what else is wrong so we "noobs" can learn... Just from the 2 pictures posted here, isn't it also missing the WaA135 on the receiver?

Early low turrets won’t have the e/135 on the receiver. Later ones will. They are very hard to authenticate for this reason. Having the matching scope makes them easier.

Early low turrets won’t have the e/135 on the receiver. Later ones will. They are very hard to authenticate for this reason. Having the matching scope makes them easier.

an e135 on the rear receiver tang, where the rear bolt rests when closed... is this only appear in certain ranges? Not sure if all the differences between a ST and HT, but I looked at HT that had the e135 there as well as the receiver...

Didn’t see any pictures showing this area on the GB ad.

The first thing that I noticed looking at the pics is the Front Ring and Base profile is completely incorrect and there are also things about Rear Ring set that should set off alarm bells such as wrong style/type locking lever and the nut that holds on locking lever along with other things . I am posting pics of what originals LT Bases & Rings look like . The corner cut profile of the LT actually carries over in early HT Base production for those who maybe interested in this tidbit of info .

Most people that buy german sniper rifles usually have more money than sense when they should be investing more time and energy into studying of the subject matter . Best Regards

Attachments

• DSC_1108.JPG
    DSC_1108.JPG
    227.9 KB · Views: 35
  • DSC_1111.JPG
    DSC_1111.JPG
    222.9 KB · Views: 42
  • DSC_0906.jpg
    DSC_0906.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 40
  • DSC_0921.jpg
    DSC_0921.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 40
  • DSC_0918.jpg
    DSC_0918.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 41
  • DSC_0909.jpg
    DSC_0909.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 41
  • DSC_0296.jpg
    DSC_0296.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 50
  • P3046652.JPG
    P3046652.JPG
    45.2 KB · Views: 56
  • P3046665.JPG
    P3046665.JPG
    237.6 KB · Views: 55
  • P3046678.JPG
    P3046678.JPG
    37 KB · Views: 57
Ahh yes, pretty easy to spot when you compare it. That’s the value in books or this forum, photos for comparison make the difference.

I can see the difference now...

What does the inside of the front scope base look like? I’m sure this is an area fakers overlook.

I can see the difference now...

What does the inside of the front scope base look like? I’m sure this is an area fakers overlook.

The 2 photos on the right show the Front Base of Early or 1st Production LT Rifle which there was 200 total made and 1st 2 photos show a LT Base from Sauer 1943 rifle only noticeable different is the Early LT Bases had finer machining/finish than later Bases . Best Regards

Attachments

• P3046677.JPG
    P3046677.JPG
    213.6 KB · Views: 36
  • P3046678.JPG
    P3046678.JPG
    37 KB · Views: 39
  • DSC_1296.JPG
    DSC_1296.JPG
    216.2 KB · Views: 37
  • DSC_1330.jpg
    DSC_1330.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Ok I am confused.... when I first posted this the bid history showed that HungTrooper won the auction. Now that username and bid history is gone. What happened?????

Someone really doesn't want people to know that they bid on it. Was it a member here? Weird

The 2 photos on the right show the Front Base of Early or 1st Production LT Rifle which there was 200 total made and 1st 2 photos show a LT Base from Sauer 1943 rifle only noticeable different is the Early LT Bases had finer machining/finish than later Bases . Best Regards
Are the early mounts the same as the argentinian mounts?

Are the early mounts the same as the argentinian mounts?

Easy to spot, the Argentine LT front base has the two cuts for the screws done in a way that it has small half moon holes to the center of the base. This isn't with the German bases.

Fortunately the LT front base with the stopping screw is much tougher to reproduce than a HT base. Most reproductions therefore are quite obvious, unless done with original parts, but that of course is a general problem.

Military Rifle Journal
Back