Third Party Press

Luftpark marked Carcano

rockisle1903

Picked this one up recently and took forever to get, thanks USPS....It seems you only see Russian rifles marked in this manner..It is electro-penciled Lp. P. ...No other signs of German use except the bolt being numbered with the last two digits of the serial...No other numbering and no depot marking on the keel...No markings on the barrel shank with a maker or date...Sling appears to be period Italian but with a nut and bolt holding it together...Sorry for the mixed up pics and the quality, didn't have optimal lighting...Comments welcome...Thanks for looking...Mike

Attachments

• Luftpark carcano 001.jpg
    Luftpark carcano 001.jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 62
  • Luftpark carcano 003.jpg
    Luftpark carcano 003.jpg
    186.6 KB · Views: 54
  • Luftpark carcano 002.jpg
    Luftpark carcano 002.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 55
  • Luftpark carcano 006.jpg
    Luftpark carcano 006.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 77
  • Luftpark carcano 004.jpg
    Luftpark carcano 004.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 85
  • Luftpark carcano 005.jpg
    Luftpark carcano 005.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 81
  • Luftpark carcano 010.jpg
    Luftpark carcano 010.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 110
  • Luftpark carcano 011.JPG
    Luftpark carcano 011.JPG
    279.6 KB · Views: 70
  • Luftpark carcano 009.jpg
    Luftpark carcano 009.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 63
  • Luftpark carcano 007.jpg
    Luftpark carcano 007.jpg
    180 KB · Views: 48
  • Luftpark carcano 008.JPG
    Luftpark carcano 008.JPG
    290 KB · Views: 49
  • Luftpark carcano 012.jpg
    Luftpark carcano 012.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 53
Awesome Carcano and IMO legit. This one was made by Gardone V.T in 1943 very near the end of production. Production ended in the TX block. The LP marking is atypical, but I believe it is real, and the marking is almost certainly Luftpark Paderborn.

Another "Lp.P" Carcano is reported in Canada, TW2708. No mention of any numbers on the bolt, but the ones on yours look period.

A great find! :thumbsup:

Thanks for the info...Has it been determined if this is a rework marking or a property marking? Or both?..Thanks again, Mike

Thanks for the info...Has it been determined if this is a rework marking or a property marking? Or both?..Thanks again, Mike
Rework marking. Of course, most HZa marked Carcanos are factory new guns, so this may have been more of an inspection marking.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Bumping this for a question I have:
I seem to recall reading somewhere that a 'U' stamp in the stock indicated a Luftwaffe depot connection of some kind. Is this known, and is there more information on this?

Thanks,
Pat

Military Rifle Journal
Back