Third Party Press

RC K98k gunbroker sale breaks record

Warrior1354

ax - hole
Yeah I believe it does first time I have seen a RC k98k sell for $2000 but look at that condition. The pretty stock, the shiny bolt, and it comes with a bayonet and sling! But as the seller states: 1936 Mauser ERMA not RC. Matching serial numbers with bayonet. Collectors dream.

Did you here that it's a collectors dream for $2000!

https://www.gunbroker.com/Item/891728217

From what the bidder history shows this buyer of this turd became a member on Gunbroker in January of this year. Most likely a new collector to the military surplus world and has no clue what to look for. I use to feel for this guys but in the year of 2021 with the amount of info out there and the books not really.

Attachments

• pix136244026.jpg
    pix136244026.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 84
  • pix197170614.jpg
    pix197170614.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 79
  • pix359374767.jpg
    pix359374767.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 72
  • pix464258744.jpg
    pix464258744.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 70
  • pix650061678.jpg
    pix650061678.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 75
  • pix650211812.jpg
    pix650211812.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 76
I looked at that action too when it was active...... long enough to see it was an RC. It’s crazy what happens these days. I am glad I found a couple guys in the game when it started along with this sight and the books before I made my first purchase. Knowledge is power

..Did you here that it's a collectors dream for $2000!

Wow only $2000??? That IS a dream. :facepalm: It's the 'omergod I missed out and now NEED to buy whatever I can whatever it costs right now!' crowd. They're like locusts. If you're a seller these are halcyon days indeed.

It's gotta be the wire wheeled bolt and the furniture wax on the stock (with high gloss buffout) that drives them wild. Just like them Notzi's did it.

Itz sooooo purty !!!!!! Gotz to be worth 10 times what the buyer paid for it .....

Seller SEZ Collectors dream.

Gotta be the most highly polished stock I have ever seen!! Probably figured to pretty not to own. But man $2000!!

Wow only $2000??? That IS a dream. :facepalm: It's the 'omergod I missed out and now NEED to buy whatever I can whatever it costs right now!' crowd. They're like locusts. If you're a seller these are halcyon days indeed.

It's gotta be the wire wheeled bolt and the furniture wax on the stock (with high gloss buffout) that drives them wild. Just like them Notzi's did it.

The typical gun buyer bidder of these rifles nowadays! Maybe they need to lay off the devil's lettuce lol!

Attachments

• 1544673260363.jpg
    1544673260363.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 14
..From what the bidder history shows this buyer of this turd became a member on Gunbroker in January of this year. Most likely a new collector to the military surplus world and has no clue what to look for. I use to feel for this guys but in the year of 2021 with the amount of info out there and the books not really.

My take. 21 year old who realizes he's 'missed out on everything' and Sleepy Joe's proposals mean 'he'll never get anything' so they just start buying. Anything and everything no matter what the price tag is. It's like a shotgun blast. Mosin. Cheap AK ammo. This beauty.

I’m tempted to unload a couple of my RCs on there now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You letting any go? Specifically any examples from 1938, 39, 41, 42, or 44? Any manufacturer. If so please send a PM my way, I’m looking for a nice shooter.

I have yet to grab an RC, I don’t NEED one but I think it’s something that would be a blast to plink with.

You letting any go? Specifically any examples from 1938, 39, 41, 42, or 44? Any manufacturer. If so please send a PM my way, I’m looking for a nice shooter.

I have yet to grab an RC, I don’t NEED one but I think it’s something that would be a blast to plink with.

Oh come on you can shoot your all matching ax 1940!

No don't do that just kidding! :laugh:

Ha! Right after I cut down the stock and drill and tap for a Burris. :barf:

Feel like I need to take a shower after saying that.....

Ha you think that's bad I got three ax coded rifles you know what that means one for Trucking, one for hunting, one for Boating!

My take. 21 year old who realizes he's 'missed out on everything' and Sleepy Joe's proposals mean 'he'll never get anything' so they just start buying. Anything and everything no matter what the price tag is. It's like a shotgun blast. Mosin. Cheap AK ammo. This beauty.
It's just become stupid. Russian Refurb 91/30 hammer price $550 ($660 after premium) one after the next in auction last week. At least half a dozen of them. Too much free government money.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Military Rifle Journal
Back